Axiom Home Page
Posted By: LRA QS8 are home - 09/11/07 10:23 PM
After waiting 1-2 years, I pulled the trigger three weeks ago. I finally received my QS8 this afternoon (ordered from FO). I'm currently figuring the ideal placement.

Main home theater:
1x PSB sub 12"
2x M22TI
2x QS8
1x axiom center (unknown old model)
Yamaha receiver htr-5960

Second hometheater:
2x axiom 1.5
(..) will order some speakers later
Yamaha rxv-650

Computer kit!
2x Aiwa
1x Energy sub 8"
Pioneer vsx-516
Posted By: JohnK Re: QS8 are home - 09/12/07 02:26 AM
Luc, I'm sure that you'll get great enjoyment from the surround effects that your QS8s will give you. If these are side surrounds in a 5.1 setup the general idea is to have them about 3' above ear level and a little(maybe 2')farther back than directly to the side.

Incidentally, a belated Happy Birthday, and hope that you had a good one yesterday.
Posted By: LRA Re: QS8 are home - 09/12/07 03:46 PM
Quote:

Luc, I'm sure that you'll get great enjoyment from the surround effects that your QS8s will give you. If these are side surrounds in a 5.1 setup the general idea is to have them about 3' above ear level and a little(maybe 2')farther back than directly to the side.

I was very limited regarding the speakers placement. I spent three hours moving the speakers and finally decided to put them on the side. I cannot place them behind the couch since it's already pushed against the wall. I understand this may not be the perfect position but they blend nicely with the room.

Quote:

Incidentally, a belated Happy Birthday, and hope that you had a good one yesterday.

thanks!

I will try to post some pictures tonight
© Axiom Message Boards