Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Bayne Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/20/07 06:32 PM
Ahhhhhhhh... I just placed an order for two M2's and a couple of ceiling mounts. If I smoked, I'd go out and have a cigarette.

This completes my home theatre audio set-up. When the speakers arrive, I'll be into 7.1, but thankfully this won't be my last purchase from Axiom by a long shot. Next summer I'll be upgrading our TV to some sort of high-def model and will probably go with a couple of M22's in place of it's speakers.

My new receiver's on the way. The SPL meter's on the way. And now the last two elements of my speaker system are on the way. Joy! I love buying stuff.
I'd really love to get something new and fresh....I can just never seem to justify it as long as my room is sucky!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/20/07 07:39 PM
It felt good to order a pair of FMBs last month. Felt even better to get them and put them up.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/21/07 03:27 AM
YUP, I should be getting my M60s and VP150 Monday! I am so excited.

Anyone interested in a listening session to compare the VP100 and M22s to my new purchases when they arrive?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/21/07 03:28 AM
Count me in. I'll bring the Rickard's white. I've always wanted to listen to a variety of Axioms.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/21/07 08:51 AM
We just need Robb to get on board and bring his M2s, M3s and EP500 and we would cover almost all the most popular speakers in one shot.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/21/07 02:56 PM
Poor widdle M50s...
Posted By: Mojo Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/21/07 03:04 PM
We could set up our systems at the Westin downtown and have ourselves a real trade show. I can see hundreds of thousands of Axiom bucks in our future .
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/21/07 03:34 PM
Yeah, I've been wondering, myself, how to bring more people to my home for auditions. Perhaps I should set that up as a sub-service of my wife's company...
Posted By: Bayne Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/21/07 06:39 PM
Give me another couple of months and I'd be thrilled to have people over to audtition my Axioms. I just placed the order for the seating--I won this round over the wife and got the configuration I wanted. So if anyone in the Calgary area wants to stop by and try them out, let me know.
Quote:

I'll bring the Rickard's white.

Excellent choic, Mojo! My personal 'widely available' favorite.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/21/07 07:30 PM
It has a nice finish to it, doesn't it?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/21/07 07:31 PM
Take it to the beer thread!
Posted By: Nick B Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/21/07 07:41 PM
You can use M2's with the Axiom ceiling mounts? It seems like the 3 or 4 inches from the ceiling wouldn't be enough clearance for the M2's.

- Nick
Posted By: Bayne Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/21/07 09:32 PM
They get mounted sideways, so there would probably be a bit more clearence than QS8's. Plus no upward firing speaker, just two direct raditaing cabinets angled slighty down and in.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/21/07 10:30 PM
Yeah, I know. I hijack threads all the time. But I can't help it. It's like carrying on a conversation.
Bayne,

Just curious, where did you go for the SPL meter?

Greg
Posted By: Bayne Re: Doesn't it feel good to place an order? - 09/22/07 01:03 AM
Quote:

Bayne,

Just curious, where did you go for the SPL meter?

Greg

www.sonicboomaudio.com

It's a Canadian site the mighty Hutzal listed in one of his posts.
Thanks....
© Axiom Message Boards