Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ya_basta Should I have a separate 110V outlet?? - 10/31/07 08:17 PM
Should I wire in a separate 110V outlet just for my amp??

Thanks
Posted By: RickF Re: Should I have a separate 110V outlet?? - 10/31/07 09:00 PM
I'm trying to figure where I need to answer ... here or in the 'Technical Questions' forum. ;\)

I ran a complete 20 amp circuit for our system with it's own breaker box separate from the main breaker for the house, only because it was available. Are you asking about running a complete circuit for the amp or just another outlet from your existing circuit?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Should I have a separate 110V outlet?? - 10/31/07 10:06 PM
I have a seperate 20amp breaker in my main box that is dedicated to all of my AV stuff.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Should I have a separate 110V outlet?? - 11/01/07 04:47 AM
It depends what amp you have. Some actually require their own circuits. Because your asking Im assuming that yours isint one of them.

I also have a dedicated 20A line for my av stuff \:\)
Posted By: Ascension Re: Should I have a separate 110V outlet?? - 11/01/07 03:16 PM
That's a good question because I was wondering that myself, but I only have a 15a line where my HK247,xbox360 and dvd player on. I have an older subwoofer (JBL), that I'm wanting to add on that same circuit because I don't have many options in my basement to put it elsewhere. Do you guys think I'll be alright on doing that? By the way, I have M60's in warm cherrywood, and I LOVE them.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Should I have a separate 110V outlet?? - 11/01/07 04:37 PM
I run my H/K 525, sub, DVD player, Tivo, CRT TV, 2 laptops, 1 or 2 fans, likely several lights, etc, etc off of one circuit.

Ah, apartment dwelling. Now, with a separate amp, you'd probably not want to emulate me. But if you've just got a receiver, don't worry about it.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Should I have a separate 110V outlet?? - 11/01/07 08:41 PM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
I have a seperate 20amp breaker in my main box that is dedicated to all of my AV stuff.

I will likely do the same. It was just for my amp, but now I'll just use it for my whole HT. BTW, the carpet is being installed this weekend!!!!

Thanks for the input
© Axiom Message Boards