Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rye_guy79 Placed my order! - 11/07/07 04:38 PM

Well, the increasing value in my piggy bank finally met up with the decreasing cost of buying some Axiom speakers!

It's been 9 months since I found this site. Now with Axiom adjusting their Canadian prices, knocking a point off the GST, AND throwing in an upgraded finish I was able to nip upgradeitis in the butt and go straight for a pair of M80s, VP150, and 4 QS8s, all in HG Cherry. These will be used with a STF-3 I got this spring and a new, lower end Denon reciever I got this summer for $150.

I'm replacing some 11 year old Sony floorstanders and surrounds I got in high-school that were used pretty much exclusively for HT. It would be nice to get into music a bit more, so we'll see how much/ if any of a difference even my untrained ear can pick up with the new system!

A few people have said the the factory outlet orders generally get shipped a bit quicker than the estimates. Does anyone have any good new about delivery dates with the custom finishes? It says 4 weeks or less to ship on the website.

I think my GF is already getting annoyed with hearing me talk about the new speakers, so I came here. Thanks for listening!

\:\/ \:\)
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Placed my order! - 11/07/07 04:46 PM
She better get used to hearing you talk about your speakers because you will talk about them a lot more after you have them. The 80/150/QS8 combo is just plain outstanding. Seriously, if you have never heard them yet, your hears will explode with joy, trained or not! I have had them for many months now and it is still a total pleasure.

Welcome to the club and be patient!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Placed my order! - 11/07/07 05:05 PM
Congrats on the purchase, that's a very nice setup you will have, enjoy!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Placed my order! - 11/07/07 05:37 PM
Congrats. It will be an great setup.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Placed my order! - 11/07/07 06:51 PM
Just a quick note Ft. Mac. is designated as an out of area destination so the delivery could take longer than usual once you receive the items shipped email from Noreen.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Placed my order! - 11/07/07 09:19 PM
Your are going to have a killer set-up, rye_guy! The HG cherry finish is sweet, judging from the multitude of pictures I've seen.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Placed my order! - 11/07/07 10:49 PM
You will be very, very pleased with your Axioms. And the STF-3 will serve you well for all but the deepest explosions and music. Just don't listen to an EP600 and you won't even realize what you're missing \:\) .
Posted By: RickWhittle Re: Placed my order! - 11/07/07 11:39 PM
I'm jealous, but I hope to be where you are soon.
Posted By: rye_guy79 Re: Placed my order! - 11/08/07 01:59 AM
Right on guys! I'll let you know how things turn out!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Placed my order! - 11/08/07 02:21 AM
Rick,
one kidney and you'll be at 2 thirds... Unless that's how you got to 1 third, in which case I would advise against it.
Posted By: noob_from_Georgi Re: Placed my order! - 11/10/07 02:30 AM
Wow... congrats! It looks like an awesome setup. Pics please
Posted By: rye_guy79 Re: Placed my order! - 12/01/07 08:25 PM
Got my email on Thursday. Time to get excited all over again!

If Purolator left these at my back door, would they be okay to sit at -20C for maybe up to 10hrs? Or should I take a *cough* sick day to go pick them up? *cough, cough*

On a more or less completely different topic, has anyone ever run across this page before? The DTS files download as .wav so I should be able to burn them all to one DVD and then toss it into a player with DTS decoding? Does that sound right?
Hmmm, is it considered poor form to hijack your own thread?
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Placed my order! - 12/01/07 08:31 PM
As for your first question, Purolator will not leave packages at your door. They require a signature.

As for your second one, a separate thread is better if only to have more accurate title to attrack the attention of the appropriate people. BTW, you can also use the same thread and just change the title. Either will work just fine. \:\)
Posted By: vassillios Re: Placed my order! - 12/01/07 08:41 PM
Hmmmm so, if I sit at his door....nevermind...congrats! I can't wait until I get my M80/VP150 combo...
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Placed my order! - 12/01/07 09:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: vassillios
Hmmmm so, if I sit at his door....nevermind...

He won't be there, so just get in!
Posted By: rye_guy79 Re: Placed my order! - 12/01/07 09:46 PM
It's only a 5100 mile round trip! Leave now! If you're a little late, you can help me set them up.

Hopefully Purolator is better than the other couriers in this town. I've had others leave my Hsu sub in the rain and a reasonably expensive engagement ring on the front door step with no signature, even though both required one...
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Placed my order! - 12/01/07 09:51 PM
I would tend to favor engagements without signatures... it can save a lot on laywers later... On a serious note, Purolator (at least in my professional life) has always been pretty reliable to provide signatures to our customer shipments. Of course, some of them could have been the driver's! \:\)
Posted By: doormat Re: Placed my order! - 12/01/07 09:52 PM
Purolator has never just left anything at the door and I've only been home once to take a delivery.

Then again you never know with those wacky Fort Macaroons.
Posted By: vassillios Re: Placed my order! - 12/01/07 10:26 PM
 Originally Posted By: rye_guy79
It's only a 5100 mile round trip! Leave now! If you're a little late, you can help me set them up.

Hopefully Purolator is better than the other couriers in this town. I've had others leave my Hsu sub in the rain and a reasonably expensive engagement ring on the front door step with no signature, even though both required one...

dude! I would leave now if I could.... and not to pilfer your gear...I would love to be there to help you set up... or to be more specific, drink beer and watch you install and give guidance while you do all the work.....

and please do post pics!!!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Placed my order! - 12/02/07 06:44 AM
To confirm their must be a signature, no sig no speakers, they will leave a door knocker on the front door telling you they will be back tomorrow or you can go to the depot to pick up your package. I would call Purolator and try to have them change it from delivery to "hold for pick up" and then you will get a phone call letting you know when they are in and then you just have to go and get them when you can.
© Axiom Message Boards