Axiom Home Page
Posted By: gmorf33 Budget Sub to pair up with the axiom m60's - 11/08/07 04:58 AM
Ok, I told myself I would just stick with the cheapy phillips magnavox sub that came with my 10 year old boom box from walmart and save some cash to stay in budget... but I can't help myself. I'd like to get something better and cleaner.

I'd like to stay in the 200-300 dollar range, and from what I've seen so far, the BIC H-100 is one of the better bets for Home Theatre.

Anyone have experience with this sub or heard it with some axiom speakers?

Edit: also see alot of praise for the HSU STF-1, which comes in around the same cost.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Budget Sub to pair up with the axiom m60's - 11/08/07 07:14 AM
GM, you've done your homework; those are two of the most highly-regarded subs around the $250 area. My preference, especially at the lower price now, would be the STF-1.
I hate to say it but AV123 sells a pretty good $200 sub as well. The X sub has had really good reviews.
Posted By: Wid Re: Budget Sub to pair up with the axiom m60's - 11/08/07 11:59 AM

The xsub is a very good little sub for the money. We have one in my sons bedroom paired with a set of B&W bookshelves.
You might consider the Outlaw LFM-2 at $299 also.
Very happy with my X-Sub, I would recommend you check it out in addition to the two other subs you mentioned.
Well I ended up getting the BIC H-100 for $200 and it already feels like the best $200 i've spent in a long time. Wow what a difference its made so far, just plugged into my TV's "sub out" jack. I've got it crossed over at 100Hz until I get my M60's and it sounds phenominal.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Budget Sub to pair up with the axiom m60's - 11/20/07 02:16 AM
How big is the room? If price is the driver, you may be disappointed if it is to small to handle your 8000 cubic foot room.

BTW - av123, HSU Research and Outlaw all have well-deserved outstanding reputations for Customer Service. Give them a call as well and let them talk you through your options.
© Axiom Message Boards