Axiom Home Page
Posted By: aham23 Architectural Series - 11/14/07 03:40 AM
i am leaning towards this, with a slight nudge from the wife that is. compromise is the beast of marriage. \:\)

anyone have pictures of these installed in their HT? i would love to see some real pictures and hear some real feedback on them.

i have gotten some great tips from the board already in just a couple days. thanks.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 03:42 AM
I think there have been some posts in the past with pics. I'll see if the search tool helps....be right back.
Posted By: aham23 Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 03:58 AM
search tool............duh. i did make a quick attempt and didnt really find any, but i have been researching HT stuff all day and my head is about to fall off. later.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 04:04 AM
The search tool is difficult, but I managed to find these pics.

Posted By: aham23 Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 04:21 AM
yeah, they should make search tools more user friendly. \:\)

the 3rd picture down that was taken from the website is what i have in mind. is the sub in some type of enclosure or just in a cut out in the wall, meaning the back side is exposed on the other side of the wall.

later.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 04:25 AM
Not sure. I would never place a sub in an enclosed area, but that is just me. Placement of subs is one of the hardest tasks, and I really doubt that type of configuration would give a person the best performance down lowwwwwww. \:\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:19 AM
Good question. I know that was a promotional shot, so it may just be protruding through the wall. Like Randy said, I don't think that's an ideal configuration.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 12:07 PM
The bottom photo, I believe, is Ian and Amie's bedroom setup. I find myself wondering to whom those stockinged gunboats belong. ;\)
Posted By: Ajax Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 12:13 PM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
Not sure. I would never place a sub in an enclosed area, but that is just me. Placement of subs is one of the hardest tasks, and I really doubt that type of configuration would give a person the best performance down lowwwwwww. \:\)

I dunno. I'd have to hear that setup before passing judgment. Think about it. The ep500s (there are two of them) are front ported, and sealed on all other sides. They are protruding from the wall several inches to minimize wall influence. It just might work very well.
Posted By: Amie Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 12:49 PM
@ Ajax - rumour starter!!! FYI that is Tim, our graphics/photographer guy, kicking back and watching a good logo. . .

Regarding the subwoofer, the custom installer that worked on the log home project was under the constraints of a decorator, who insisted the subwoofer get placed in the wall. According to the aforementioned Tim, who attended the grand opening of the log home, the sound was very good. Of course, he had nothing to compare it to in the situation, but he said you still heard good bass.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 05:51 PM
Moi? A rumor starter?

LOL! I just love kicking back and watching a good logo. \:D
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:07 PM
Let's at least correct the perspective of it then....

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:10 PM
OK, must be a photographer thing. I'm not seeing any difference.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:16 PM
Just a minor correction on the Axiom logo:

Before and after:

Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:17 PM
The logo was not in the same axis as the screen. The new picture is perfectly matched.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:18 PM
Aha, I see. Part of the problem was that they were on separate pages, and we don't seem to have the "all pages" option any more.
Posted By: CV Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:20 PM
Can you move the person into the ideal listening position while you're at it?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:25 PM
Yeah, that was bugging me, too...
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:28 PM
He might be wearing headphones?
Posted By: CV Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:31 PM
Axiom headphones?
Posted By: Amie Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:35 PM
Holy hacks! I'm renaming this thread 'rumours'!! No headphones underway . . .yet ;\)
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:37 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
Axiom headphones?

Headphones? I heard ear buds were in in the pipeline...
Posted By: CV Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 06:38 PM
Ear buds? Like the little angel and devil that sit on your shoulders when faced with a moral quandary?
Posted By: Murph Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 07:43 PM
I hate those guys, they both told me to spend all my money on Axioms!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 10:44 PM
Can you imagine Axiom headphones? How would you like your MDF finished \:\) ?

I'm kinda joking and yet...I'm not. It's crazy enough that it just might catch on.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 10:50 PM
The horizontal perspective is improved, but the logo is now leaning too much to the left. The sides of the logo should be aligned with the vertical sides of the TV. Get back to it, Mark!

Never mind, I did it myself (before, after):

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Architectural Series - 11/14/07 11:08 PM

Posted By: jakewash Re: Architectural Series - 11/15/07 01:26 AM
Picky, picky, picky.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Architectural Series - 11/15/07 01:59 AM
Just anal, anal, anal.
Posted By: Wid Re: Architectural Series - 11/15/07 02:40 AM
 Originally Posted By: Amie
Holy hacks! I'm renaming this thread 'rumours'!! No headphones underway . . .yet ;\)

Put me down for the first pair.
© Axiom Message Boards