Axiom Home Page
Posted By: vassillios QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/01/07 04:07 PM
OK, so I got the puppies and hung 'em up...

before:

after:

notice the wires are dropped down the hole near the ceiling

surrounds coming out of the wall into the receiver

Notice the crown moulding hasn't gone up yet, hopefully that'll happen in the spring.

The surround presence from the QS8's is amazing. DTS 6.1 is very enveloping with the combination of the QS8's and the bose 4.2's. I must say i'm impressed with the bose acting as the back surrounds. I'm not quite sure if I would want to replace them with another pair of QS8's, unless I had a spare $540 laying around.

Next step is to get a blue ray player so I can take advantage of this 7.1 system...then replace the fronts and center with M80s and a VP150.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/01/07 04:30 PM
Looks great!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/01/07 04:37 PM
Good job, vassillios! I like the way your room looks. Enjoy the new QS8s.
Posted By: vassillios Re: QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/01/07 04:39 PM
Thanks. And I forgot to mention, good lord these things are heavy!! I cab only imagine that a pair of M80's would throw my back out.
Posted By: vassillios Re: QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/01/07 04:40 PM
I tried to straighten up before I took the pics, of course now I see I left a bunch 'o crap laying around.

I need to find an armoire that this 50" sony will fit in. The problem is finding one that has doors that will fold up into the unit itself so as not to obstruct the speakers when open. I found one at Pottery Barn, but you can probably guess what that would cost \:o
Posted By: mastaplaya Re: QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/01/07 05:04 PM
Did you paint your wall plates at the back of the room? Makes them almost disappear. Looks like a good place to enjoy a movie.
Posted By: vassillios Re: QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/01/07 05:42 PM
yes, I did paint them (i always paint the plates). I should post a pic tomorrow, the ambient light behind the TV gives a nice feel at night.

This is pretty much (pre-child) a media room. It's a 4 story townhouse. The floor below is the basement, the floor above is the main level with a level above that for 2 bedrooms (3 master bedrooms in all, one on the media level. By master I mean a full bath in each bedroom).
Posted By: cameron Re: QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/02/07 12:03 AM
That is a nice looking room. It's refreshing to see the sunlight coming in, since I'm used to being down in the dungeon. You have one nice clean/bright room.

Sorry if it was already posted - what are those mains and what is the sub? How do they sound?
Posted By: vassillios Re: QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/02/07 12:07 PM
the mains are infinity's, the sub is velodyne. I can't remember models or numbers as they are about 12 years old. The infinity's sound ok, but they need to be replaced with axioms!
Posted By: vassillios Re: QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/02/07 08:23 PM
Thank you everyone for your nice comments. These QS8's have pretty much made a dream come true.

I encourage everyone to please leave feedback about how I can improve my HT, based upon what you see in the pics. Thank you.
Posted By: RickF Re: QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/02/07 08:39 PM
Looks great Vassillios...I really like the colors you chose for your room, it looks very inviting and comfortable. Get those 80s ordered and you'll be forever glued to the couch. ;\)
Posted By: vassillios Re: QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/03/07 10:16 PM
This is the Armoire that i would like to get to house my TV/Equipment:

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p7252/index.cfm?pkey=cfurabsarm

nice deal on this now too!
Posted By: vassillios Re: QS8's arrived and installed! - 12/04/07 03:41 PM
awwww crap! deal is over...that lasted all of one day.
© Axiom Message Boards