Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pol Placement of QS4 or something else on rear wall - 01/03/03 06:16 PM
Howdy!

I just finished building our new living room, and now it's time to enjoy it! During construction, I passed some speaker wires inside the rear walls for installation of my rear surround speakers. However once the wife installed her window treatments (the rear and 1 side wall is full of windows), I was left with no room for my existing rear speakers, which are now about 2 inches too tall... Oh well, I said, I'll just buy some new ones! hehe....

So the room is about 17x19 and the "listening couch" is located about 6-8 feet from the rear wall. The speaker wires are already coming out of the rear wall about 3 inches from the corner, and 7-1/2 feet from the floor.

Now could I still install QS4's on the rear wall so close to the side walls, and also so high up from the ear level?? Or should I use a M1 or M3 and point it down towards the couch.
Don't sweat it...QS4s are VERY forgiving of placement, and will sound great no matter where you mount them. In fact, being that close to the side wall may enhance reflection and the diffuse sound from the speaker.
I thought there was a thread that Alan advised against corner placement.
Hi,

Corner placement just produces greater bass emphasis, which can "color" sound somewhat, but you may find the effects are minimal because the QS4s aren't carrying deep bass frequencies.

Regards,
Thanks for the replies, glad to hear the QS's are so forgiving... I was afraid that having it so close in the corner, and up so high would "muffle" the sound a bit...

Now would these QS's still be the best rear surround for that location?

..Paul
© Axiom Message Boards