Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Peakjunkie The Axiom "Deathstar" Amp - 12/02/07 11:16 PM
If anyone is on the fence on this one, I'll give this an "OMG" rating.

We migrated from a Sherwood 875 to an Onkyo 905 THX receiver to a Denon 4308 receiver waiting for this to arrive so we've had plenty of time to listen to the system.

We're now using the 4308 as a pre-amp connected to the 8-channel Axiom and it is audio nirvana. We watch movies around -40 and I can't begin to describe what happens as you take this to +5 or +10 on an SACD.

I miss the THX protocols on the Onkyo but it didn't have a trigger on zone 1 to power the Axiom amp on and off and, only output one TV at a time so we switched it out for a 4308. Otherwise, the THX 7.1 seems more enveloping.

You can see we're really mixing up the loads and this thing is cool and composed:

1. Front left pair of W22's
2. Lower W150 center
3. Upper W150 center
4. Front right pair of W22's
5. Right side QS8
6. Right rear QS8
7. Left rear QS8
8. Left side QS8

Epic 600 horizontal sub
Epic 500 sub
60" Pioneer Elite Pro FD150

Unbelievable!
Posted By: Jordan Re: The Axiom "Deathstar" Amp - 12/02/07 11:18 PM
I would really really really like to see some pics of the set up mate.
Posted By: Peakjunkie Re: The Axiom "Deathstar" Amp - 12/02/07 11:24 PM
Old pics of speakers at http://www.themclagans.com. I'll update with new pics when I get home.

The addition of the Axiom amp combined with a 60" Pioneer Elite changed things from "interesting" to "a real brown trouser affair."

I wish I had a meter to understand how much headroom that thing has because I've never seen anything like it in action (previously had a stack of Adcom amps but this is something else).
Posted By: CV Re: The Axiom "Deathstar" Amp - 12/02/07 11:35 PM
Oh, you're that person. \:\) I can't wait to see the new pictures.
Posted By: liquidchaos Re: The Axiom "Deathstar" Amp - 12/03/07 11:07 AM
Been waiting to hear some stuff about this thing! Congrats on the new unit \:\)

PS. If you ever decide to rent that apartment out yearly, and need someone who would cherish that setup,forever, let me know :)!

PPS. I am serious about above statement.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: The Axiom "Deathstar" Amp - 12/03/07 05:28 PM
Fantastic, Ian. Thank you for sharing that. 10 speakers?!?!

Wow!
Posted By: jakewash Re: The Axiom "Deathstar" Amp - 12/03/07 06:32 PM
His place was featured in an Axiom audio newsletter if I am not mistaken. I think I might have to convince the wife we need to go there for vacation one year.
© Axiom Message Boards