Axiom Home Page
Guys, I'm going tomorrow to pickup an EP500 sub (ye ye!)
for those of you who've done this before, what's the fastest way to get up there and back? Also, which location do i have to pick it up from? The one indicated on the contact address on the website?

Yahoo maps is showing them near algonquin park..anyone know if it is faster to go west or east around the lake? which is the less convoluted route, and how many cops are on the highway 60 leading up to the factory cause I wanna put the pedal to the metal and get this thing setup for supper time, yeeeehaaawwwwww! (sorry..was just watching dukes of hazard)

EDIT: oh, and most importantly, is it scientifically possible to fit an EP500 box in a Mazda 3 sedan? (Trunk, Seat, who cares as long as it fits \:\) )
nvm..change of plans...found a mazda hatchback to use...if the sub won't fit in that, then it won't fit in my room.

road trip up to Axiom has been pushed up. Departure time GTA 6:45. ETA at Axiom factory: 9:15AM.
ETA to arrival back home and rockin out: 2.5 hrs and 4 gallons of timmies later \:D
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Subwoofer pickup - Need critical info - 12/13/07 01:17 PM
You might have to take it out of the box to make it fit.

I am not sure if they use the same boxes for pickup that they do for delivery, but the box is pretty BIG!

Good luck squeezing it in, you'll need it!
Posted By: Amie Re: Subwoofer pickup - Need critical info - 12/13/07 02:42 PM
Hi Omar;

I can't tell if you've already left or if you're leaving tomorrow? Straightest route is best - the 400 to Highway 11, Highway 11 to Highway 60, Highway 60 about 23 km, just past the junction of Highway 35, 1 more km on your left, after the campground.

Best,

Amie
just got back actually. trying to get the sub setup but i can't find any place that has a 30 foot or longer RCA cable for the subwoofer \:\(

any ideas where to buy locally? i really wanna get this thing setup 2day
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Subwoofer pickup - Need critical info - 12/13/07 06:48 PM
If you do not find one locally you could order form bluejeanscable online (I think they ship to canada).

Probably take a few days though.
Posted By: doormat Re: Subwoofer pickup - Need critical info - 12/13/07 06:50 PM
Not sure if it's sonically the best solution but you could pick up a 20' and a 9' with a $3 female-female adapter available at home depot, london drugs, etc.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Subwoofer pickup - Need critical info - 12/13/07 06:51 PM
I think I've seen 30 ft cables at Home Depot.
Get a RG6 coaxial cable with the screw on ends and get an adapter for the ends.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Subwoofer pickup - Need critical info - 12/13/07 07:20 PM
Also remember that you don't need a sub cable per se... any coax with two rca ends will do just fine. So you might end up with a 30' long stereo rca cable. That'll work.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Subwoofer pickup - Need critical info - 12/13/07 07:26 PM
What Lorenzo said. Except finding those cable-to-RCA adapters isn't necessarily a slam-dunk, either.
problem solved, brack audio down the street made me a cable....but it turns out that was def not the optimal place to put it (in line with the couch between the wall and couch..it was sooo directional and boomy).

i have it at the front now, and it sounds much better, a little bit directional still, but i'm working on dialing it in...there's quite a lot of options on the thing to fiddle with.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Subwoofer pickup - Need critical info - 12/13/07 10:06 PM
You just needed to buy 2;\)
hmm....that would make my room look symetrical....no..no no no jake, don't..stop...damnit don't put ideas in my head! ;\)

^ lousy camera phone photo of a rough layout. going to swap the sub and the left speaker so that the spacing is even between FL and FR
Posted By: jakewash Re: Subwoofer pickup - Need critical info - 12/13/07 10:16 PM
Looks good and you really need that 2nd 500....just to even things out.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Subwoofer pickup - Need critical info - 12/13/07 10:52 PM
Looks good Omar. It should rock that place nicely :-)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Subwoofer pickup - Need critical info - 12/14/07 01:56 AM
You went to the Axiom plant and didn't ask for a free tour, oh man that is one of my goals before I die, to meet the Axiom folks.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Subwoofer pickup - Need critical info - 12/14/07 04:29 AM
 Originally Posted By: Amie
Hi Omar;

I can't tell if you've already left or if you're leaving tomorrow? Straightest route is best - the 400 to Highway 11, Highway 11 to Highway 60, Highway 60 about 23 km, just past the junction of Highway 35, 1 more km on your left, after the campground.

Best,

Amie

Hmm last i checked, alan was still in the lead for owning that campground.
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
You went to the Axiom plant and didn't ask for a free tour, oh man that is one of my goals before I die, to meet the Axiom folks.

axiom folks = SUPER NICE people. extremely curtious, helpful and all around great people to deal with.

I arrived there before "official" opening hrs of 9AM and they still processed the transaction and got me on my way. I got a factory outlet unit, but it is absolutely without flaw...they should have just sold this particular one as regular stock, i'm almost convinced that they just mixed it up and gave me a new one at a discounted price.

I got a quick look around, including some of the assembly areas, and got to see the EP600's in person..they aren't exactly small, but now that i brought the EP500 home, I'm thinking of sending it back for a 600 just based on ease of placeability (I'll be able to put it flat in front of the tv). I didn't ask for a full tour because i wanted to be back in the city by noon (they're a good 6hr round trip from my house), so that will have to wait for another time.

Someone mentioned new axiom electronics like remotes for the subs and other nifty doo dads, i'm looking forward to them.
© Axiom Message Boards