Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jumpman23j Is a sub a necessity? - 12/27/07 08:13 PM
Is it necessary to have a sub because with my limited amount of space in my room, i don't think is plausible to put a sub anywhere. I barely have enough room for the 5 speakers i will be getting which are the m-22's, qs4's and vp 100. Thanks.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Is a sub a necessity? - 12/27/07 08:31 PM
A sub is not an absolute necessity. You will be missing the big effects from movies and the lowest notes of instruments such as pipe organs, double-bass and other very deep instruments; and also the lowest harmonics of high/low instruments like cello and typical left-hand piano. But it is not the end of the world. Constraints are constraints and you have to live with them! \:\(

If you don't get a sub, you may want to consider the M3s, which have a slight bump in the bass.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Is a sub a necessity? - 12/27/07 09:01 PM
There are some relatively small subs that can, and will, add a lot to the HT and music experience. The x-sub is one. If that one has too large a footprint, there is no use in my mentioning the EP400.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Is a sub a necessity? - 12/27/07 09:23 PM
EP400 is very small and will rock your room. \:\)
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Is a sub a necessity? - 12/27/07 10:37 PM
You'll find room for a sub once you know how it sounds, trust me :-).

They can make great end tables too...there is no rule that you can't put plants or other things on top of a sub either.
Posted By: marsilians Re: Is a sub a necessity? - 12/28/07 12:07 PM
If you are planning on watching movies then get a sub, however small (8 or 10 inch driver). This will create a fantastic soundstange. If you were purchasing the floor standin speakers then it could have been optional for a short amount of time as once you hear the sounds from the sub, you will realize how much you were missing.
Posted By: DaveG Re: Is a sub a necessity? - 12/28/07 01:10 PM
The addition of a sub will make a dramatic difference in your listening enjoyment.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Is a sub a necessity? - 12/30/07 03:23 AM
A sub's a must unless you listen to flute music only \:\) .
© Axiom Message Boards