Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mata7 Need some help please - 01/11/08 07:31 PM
i have right now the VP150 center speaker, M3 V2 For main L/R, and i have 4 JBL E10 for surround speakers, and HSU SUB

I'm interest on get a pair of QS4 V2 surround so i replace a pair of My JBL

My question is, do i will notice a noticeable improvement with the QS4 V2 over my JBL E10?

Here is the link of the JBL E10 epcification

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=E10&CheckProduct=Y

thanks in advance for you help, sorry about my english

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Need some help please - 01/11/08 07:39 PM
You will. Those appear to be (despite the cabinet design) monopole speakers. For movies, multi-pole speakers are generally preferable.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Need some help please - 01/11/08 07:46 PM
It's very difficult to say without listening to both types. However, notice that the JBLs are basically a direct radiating design. The QSs on the other hand are a reflecting design with its side-firing dual tweeters and vertical firing woofers.

I had a pair of Sony bookshelves that I used as sides and, after getting my QS8s, I discovered that I liked diffuse rather than direct sound much better. There really is a very large difference in the surround experience between direct and diffuse sound. It appears more spacious, enveloping and natural.

Also, very recently a member compared QS8s and QS4s and found the 8s to be superior.
Posted By: mata7 Re: Need some help please - 01/11/08 10:56 PM
thanks for you help guys, i don't know 2 much about speaker all i know is buy it and listened, technical speaking the QS4 are better than the JBL?, are there more loud or if you guys read the SPECIFICATIONS on the JBL how compare to the QS4

Thanks again for you help

i cant buy the QS8 they look more poweful but i dont have the money for it \:\(
Posted By: vassillios Re: Need some help please - 01/11/08 11:04 PM
have you looked at the factory outlet page for the reduced pricing? Even if the QS8s are still out of your range, you will get a better deal on the QS4s

http://www.axiomaudio.com/factoryoutletb.html
Posted By: mata7 Re: Need some help please - 01/11/08 11:12 PM
on the factory outlet the price diferent are $27.00 for each speaker it really dont make to much diferent to me, but i know it help, after i have to add tax and i just dont have the money for

i may take look again for the QS4, i hope it wont have any sound problem thas was im scare about
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Need some help please - 01/12/08 12:58 AM
where are you located? In the US the price includes all taxes and shipping.... not sure about other places
Posted By: mata7 Re: Need some help please - 01/12/08 02:38 AM
im in canada

i Talk to the wife and i will buy the QS8s :). gone to place my order now \:\)

thanks for you help guys
Posted By: jakewash Re: Need some help please - 01/12/08 03:16 AM
That didn't take long!

Congratulations on the new purchase.

You will most definitely notice an improved surround experience.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Need some help please - 01/12/08 04:26 AM
I agree with the others. The Axioms have 4 drivers (2 woofers and 2 tweeters) firing in different directions, versus the JBL, which looks to be no different than a regular bookshelf 2 way speaker firing right at you. \:\)
Posted By: mata7 Re: Need some help please - 01/12/08 06:57 AM
one more question fellas, should i put my new QS8 on the surround side or in the back? i use 7.1 and a yamaha RX-V1800
Posted By: CV Re: Need some help please - 01/12/08 07:00 AM
Go for the side.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Need some help please - 01/12/08 07:13 AM
Mata, for 7.1 it'd be best to use the QS8s for the side surrounds, placing them on or near the sidewalls, preferably 2-3' above ear level and directly to the side of the listening position. The E10s could be used for the back surrounds on or near the back wall and at the same height as the QS8s, separated by about as much as the listening position is in front of them.
Posted By: mata7 Re: Need some help please - 01/12/08 07:16 AM
ok i will put it on the side, man cant wait to get my new QS8, I Really love axiom speakers and i love the company, every time the i need some help they are very knowledge and friendly, and i also love the 5 years warranty
Posted By: DaveG Re: Need some help please - 01/12/08 12:23 PM
Good choice you will really enjoy your QS 8's
Posted By: bridgman Re: Need some help please - 01/12/08 07:07 PM
The big difference I noticed is that the sound seemed more "spacious", ie it really sounded like I was listening in a much bigger room.

When I switched from the QS8s to direct-radiating surrounds (M2s) for a test it was like the whole room suddenly got smaller. It was really creepy, particularly since I have a bit of a problem with small spaces ;\)

I went back to QS8s and stayed there.
Posted By: mata7 Re: Need some help please - 01/15/08 11:56 PM
the wait is over, my babys are here \:\) , man they are so beautiful

Posted By: terzaghi Re: Need some help please - 01/16/08 12:07 AM
The box does look beautiful.... You did open the box didn't you?

What finish did you go for?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Need some help please - 01/16/08 12:12 AM
Cardboard.
Posted By: mata7 Re: Need some help please - 01/16/08 12:14 AM
 Code:
The box does look beautiful.... You did open the box didn't you?

What finish did you go for?

of course i open the box \:\) , i like black
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Need some help please - 01/16/08 12:26 AM
I got black as well on my m80s, vp150, qs8's and ep500. Looks nice.

I would like to have the high gloss vasallo finish, but there is no way I can afford such an expensive cosmetic upgrade.
Posted By: mata7 Re: Need some help please - 01/16/08 02:01 AM
ok i mounted on my wall and run the YAPO calibration, put some music and movies, my system sound incredible now, the different is so big that even my wife notice, so im really happy whit my upgrade

now i will start save some money to get 2 more for my back surround
Posted By: JohnK Re: Need some help please - 01/16/08 02:41 AM
Very good, mata, as you've discovered, the box wasn't lying: your Axioms are indeed "Superieure". Enjoy.
Posted By: DaveG Re: Need some help please - 01/16/08 12:36 PM
Enjoy your new speakers.
Posted By: mastaplaya Re: Need some help please - 01/16/08 07:52 PM
 Originally Posted By: mata7
the different is so big that even my wife notice, so im really happy whit my upgrade

Gotta love when the wife is happy with an upgrade. Doesn't always turn out that well.

Congrats on the new speakers!
Posted By: mata7 Re: Need some help please - 01/16/08 08:05 PM
and the best part is went i tell her that i will start saving for 2 more QS8 for the back surround, she say "for sure" , that make me very happy \:\)
Posted By: DaveG Re: Need some help please - 01/16/08 08:08 PM
Good to hear yor wife is enjoying the speakers, its always an important consideration.
© Axiom Message Boards