Axiom Home Page
I originally was going to put the W100 above my new plasma but there is a stud right there dead center. That stud is one of the two studs that my 50" plasma will be mounted to. Wondering if someone else has had this problem and what they did about it. Seems to me there are two options. (non-bearing wall)

1) Cut out all the drywall and box a window for the W100 with 2x4's.

2) Mount a VP100 with the Full Metal Bracket above the plasma.

Option one just seems is not worth the trouble but I'm not sure how far out the VP100 would stick into the bedroom.
GM:
I think your post got lost among the others... welcome to the forum!

I think you'll find that it's NEVER recommended to "box in" a speaker. Since no one answered you regarding the mounting depth of the FMB, I would place a call to Axiom and ask; they're nice folks! \:\)
What I meant by "boxing" is I would have to cut out one of the studs. Normally when you do this you have to install more 2x4's next to the adjacent studs and build a box like you would be framing a window. Since its a non bearing wall maybe I could just cut just cut out the stud where the speaker would go and brace the lower remaining part of the stud with a horizontal 2x4 brace so it is held in place.

The W100 is an in-wall speaker anyway so I don't think the boxing rule necessarily applies to this anyway.
If you don't want to cut into the wall, as an alternitive to FMB you could build a box to mount to the wall with an interior dimension sized to accept the in wall portion of the W 100 and stain to match your speaker.
The axiom products page say the bracket places speakers 2 3/8ths inches from wall.

The vp100 is 7.5" deep.
So expect the front of the speaker to be about 10" off the wall
© Axiom Message Boards