Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 2x6spds Toshiba 65" DLP - Excellent! - 02/02/08 07:39 AM
Went to Circuit City to see what new DVD movies came out and wandered by the DLP displays - I liked the picture from the 65" Toshiba (65HM167) 1080p DLP TV, and stopped cold when I saw the sale price of $1,399. Went home thinking about the Toshiba. Went back later that evening and they told me they had an open box. Grabbed it for $1,189! They delivered it today and set it up in my office. Holy Samolies ... it's like a picture window against the wall. No place for a center channel speaker on top, so I placed one of my frankenspeakers (Merak MC634 with 2 Axiom 6.5 drivers and a tweeter from a Reference 3a de capo mm and cross over with a supertweeter) in the TV stand and aimed it up.

Didn't get much work done today. Picture is excellent - comparable to my Mitsubishi Diamond 65" though I have not had the Toshiba calibrated yet. Price was awesome.

I highly recommend this TV.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Toshiba 65" DLP - Excellent! - 02/02/08 08:00 AM
Sounds like a nice set, and a very nice buy. Congrats on the great purchase. \:D
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Toshiba 65" DLP - Excellent! - 02/02/08 08:27 AM
dankoo meester.

Yes, I should be in bed, but I'm watching all these people with HUGE heads on my new TV.
Posted By: DaveG Re: Toshiba 65" DLP - Excellent! - 02/02/08 12:19 PM
Enjoy your new display,sounds like you got a good deal.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Toshiba 65" DLP - Excellent! - 02/02/08 02:36 PM
Boy! That's a heck of a bargain price. About a year and a half ago, I paid more than double that for a 56" TV. Nice catch. Enjoy! \:\)
Posted By: Wid Re: Toshiba 65" DLP - Excellent! - 02/02/08 02:56 PM

That is a heck of a price. Enjoy
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Toshiba 65" DLP - Excellent! - 02/02/08 04:14 PM
A 65" DLP in your office!! \:D I think we're all a little jealous.

Good buy, 2x6--that's an incredible price.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Toshiba 65" DLP - Excellent! - 02/03/08 03:44 AM
Damn! That's a sweet deal. I suppose I should stop doing my shopping online and drag myself into an actual store once in a while.
Posted By: Joey Re: Toshiba 65" DLP - Excellent! - 02/04/08 04:39 PM
I still feel that DLP beats LCD and Plasma in providing the best overall picture quality. Mine is a 720p 61" Samsung from over four years ago and anything hi-def looks every bit as good as in 1080p. Not that I have anything against 1080p! I certainly will buy one myself if and when my Sammy dies...but for the money versus size equation, you cannot beat a rear projection DLP!

Good Buy!
Posted By: RickF Re: Toshiba 65" DLP - Excellent! - 02/04/08 05:51 PM
I read this thread whenever 2x posted it and was way to embarrassed to tell him how much I paid for our 73" Mitsubishi RP/DLP about three years ago ... that is a damn great deal. We have both a plasma and the DLP, like 'em both, amazing how far these TVs have come in the past several years.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Toshiba 65" DLP - Excellent! - 02/04/08 06:05 PM
Brotherbob has a new avatar! Spiffy!
Posted By: RickF Re: Toshiba 65" DLP - Excellent! - 02/04/08 06:12 PM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Brotherbob has a new avatar! Spiffy!

BrotherBob is now *finally* learning how to resize pictures for avatar use ... y'all look out!
© Axiom Message Boards