Hello

I have a Denon 3803 A/V Receiver.
I am awaiting my Axiom speakers....
Once FedEx delivers, I will be the owner of
M60Ti (Freq. Res : 37-22K)
QS4 (Freq. Res : 100-22K)
VP100 (Freq. Res : 95-22K)
EP175 (Freq. Res : 32-150Hz)

I wanted to know what should be the cross-over setting in the receiver that I need to set.
From the Freq. Res values, it appears that the QS4 has the highest (or lowest, depending on how you look at it) Freq. Res (100 Hz).
Should the receiver cross-over setting be a little more than this, say 102Hz ?
If I do this, how does it affect other speakers (such as the M60Ti that can handle as low as 37Hz)?

your views are appreciated.

Thank you
Regards

Posted By: ralderman Re: Cross-over setting in Receiver - 01/15/03 01:44 AM
This is very interesting, I was just playing with my receiver as well and noticed this. The default was 80, which is the default for THX settings it says. I'm not sure, I would like input on this as well. I have the Onkyo NR-900 receiver. Congrats on your speakers. I just purchased the m80's, vp100, and qs8's. It sounds great, I need a sub, but have to pay this all off first.
Posted By: DanTana Re: Cross-over setting in Receiver - 01/15/03 01:53 AM
How do you like the Denon so far? I'm considering one myself, have you noticed any problems with the video upconversion yet?
Posted By: vivek Re: Cross-over setting in Receiver - 01/15/03 02:19 AM
The denon is new...and I don't have any speakers to connect them yet...so you can imagine my impatience in waiting....Aagh...I need to check out my receiver and also my speakers.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Cross-over setting in Receiver - 01/15/03 04:03 AM
Check out this older thread in which crossovers, receivers and subs are discussed. It should help you understand it more.
older post on crossovers and receivers and subwoofers
Posted By: JohnK Re: Cross-over setting in Receiver - 01/15/03 04:05 AM
Viv, your 3803 has the option of a 40, 60, 80, 100 or 120hz crossover setting. Theory says to set it in consideration of the speaker with the least bass extension, so you might think that calls for 100hz, but those speakers will have enough left so that 80hz is the better choice. Don't worry about the M60s; it's better for the them if the sub takes some of the bass load off them. Nothing is being "wasted".
© Axiom Message Boards