Axiom Home Page
Posted By: merlinzz Awaiting my first set of Axioms... - 02/11/08 08:39 PM
I ordered my new setup at the end of January and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new system. I ordered the Architectual Grand Master 350 (VP150, QS8s, W22s, 350v3 sub) in the HG cherry. Can't wait too see and hear them.

So, to make room for these (and to fund them!) I ditched my B&W Matrix 805s, Boston Lynfield VR920 center and Velodyne 1200 sub. (I left my surrounds in the old house.) Any opinions on how these will stack up sound-wise? The biggest reason I did this was to go on-wall and to get the timbre matching that I was missing from a hodge-podge system before, even though it was all good stuff.

Doug
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Awaiting my first set of Axioms... - 02/11/08 08:41 PM
Congrats and Welcome! Hey, where in Iowa are you located?
Posted By: aham23 Re: Awaiting my first set of Axioms... - 02/11/08 08:43 PM
make sure you get us some pics after they are installed. \:\)
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Awaiting my first set of Axioms... - 02/11/08 08:45 PM
This will be a great system. Are the W22 in high gloss? That will be interested to see.

Welcome to the Axiom family.
Posted By: RickF Re: Awaiting my first set of Axioms... - 02/11/08 08:45 PM
 Originally Posted By: aham23
make sure you get us some pics after they are installed. \:\)

It's a prerequisite for hanging around the boards, you know.

Congrats!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Awaiting my first set of Axioms... - 02/11/08 08:47 PM
 Originally Posted By: merlinzz
Any opinions on how these will stack up sound-wise?

Oh. They're gonna suck. Big Time.

OK, OK.... Just kidding! \:\)
Posted By: merlinzz Re: Awaiting my first set of Axioms... - 02/11/08 09:01 PM
I am in Marion (CedarRapids area). I will definitely get some pics when I get them installed. Everything is High Gloss. I have a 120" screen that the LCR will go around with an Optoma HD80 projector (fantastic picture) and will drive them with a Denon 3808.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Awaiting my first set of Axioms... - 02/11/08 10:08 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Any opinions on how these will stack up sound-wise?

Oh. They're gonna suck. Big Time.

OK, OK.... Just kidding! \:\)

i dont know why but this really made me laugh.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Awaiting my first set of Axioms... - 02/12/08 01:24 PM
I am in Marion (CedarRapids area). I will definitely get some pics when I get them installed. Everything is High Gloss. I have a 120" screen that the LCR will go around with an Optoma HD80 projector (fantastic picture) and will drive them with a Denon 3808.

I used to live in Cedar Rapids about 9 years ago. Now I am in Pleasant Hill near Des Moines. Sirquack (as he is called) is also from the Des Moines area, then we have SonicFox (whom we haven't seen in a while) who is in the Quad Cities. I am sure that there are others, but these are the Iowa names you will see the most on here.
© Axiom Message Boards