Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rick240 Has anyone bought from Second Act? - 03/15/08 04:54 AM
Just wondering if anyone has made a purchase from Second Act, and if so was it a good experience?

Related question, has anyone from Canada bought a receiver from a US online store? Is importing a hassle? How about warranty?

Thanks,

Rick
Posted By: ScurvyDog Re: Has anyone bought from Second Act? - 03/19/08 06:44 PM
I just purchased a refurb Escient from them last week. Everything went fairly smooth and no complaints. I called Escient and they confirmed that Second act was there source for refurb and full warranty so that's at least one company that is using them.

Cheers
Posted By: jakewash Re: Has anyone bought from Second Act? - 03/19/08 07:11 PM
When I ever I have looked to the states for equipment, it's the shiping charges that negate any savings and if there is still some savings, I think I prefer the idea of being able to complain to a local dealer about any problems should they arise. Having said that I did buy my Belking PF60 from eCost as it was still $250 cheaper after shipping than anywhere in town. I had no problems what so ever with the transaction. eCost looked after everything from their end through the shipping company.
Posted By: pickupmykeys Re: Has anyone bought from Second Act? - 03/20/08 02:52 PM
I bought my Denon 3808CI from 6th Avenue Electronics. They don't ship to Canada so I had it shipped to a postal outlet just across the border and I drove down to get it. I saved a ton this way.
© Axiom Message Boards