Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Porky Not thin enough - 03/16/08 10:58 PM
As others have probably had the same problem my wife is not real happy about me setting up a home theater in the living room. I have shown her the in wall speakers from Axiom and not quite as bad a reaction but still not real happy. In my searches I have seen pictures of totally in wall speakers coming out by Axion but nothing on this site. I think they were shown at the CES show. Anyone know anything about when they may be out. Thanks in advance
Posted By: StuntGibbon Re: Not thin enough - 03/16/08 11:05 PM
Axiom offers amazing specials actually when you trade your wife in FOR the speakers you really want. ;\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Not thin enough - 03/17/08 12:55 AM
You are referring to the "T" series speakers Porky. I think they are slated for sometime this year, but not 100% on that. I started my HT up in our upstairs living room with my first Axiom 7.1 setup, m60's ep350v1 2xQs8's vp150. Yeah, my wife was not totally on board, but she was more unhappy about the mansfield beech color not matching our trim perfectly, than having speakers around the room. \:\)

Is this your long term placement for these speakers, or are you eventually planning on moving to another room/basement/or different house? I currently have my newest 7.3 setup in our basement HT and the wife enjoys watching movies more than I. \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Not thin enough - 03/17/08 12:57 AM
Here is the picture of the "T" series from the Sept 07 Toronto Design show

Posted By: Porky Re: Not thin enough - 03/17/08 06:04 AM
Yes those are the speakers I was talking about. I am retired and will probably die in the house I am living in so want to find something I can live with for quite a while. It's a large 2 story but still all the rooms are filled so have to settle for the living room. Its about 18 X 30 feet. The speaker I really want are magnepan mmgw's and mmgc's. I have the original magnepan mmg1's and still love them but there again size of even the mini mags is a problem.
Posted By: Murph Re: Not thin enough - 03/17/08 01:26 PM
That's a pretty big room. I think maybe yous should spend some time finding some floor models where the finish, shape and color might appeal to your wife. Great sound too of course.... I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had to do as much convincing if I had been able to show my wife the high gloss Axioms when I first bought.

Then again, 40 more years with slightly less sound quality is better than 40 more years with a wife who is cranky every time she looks in the living room.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Not thin enough - 03/17/08 05:02 PM
Wait a bit longer as rumor has it Axiom is working on an inwall version of the floorstanders.
Posted By: Porky Re: Not thin enough - 03/17/08 06:42 PM
I just talked to Axiom. I didn't expect them to comment but they did. The in wall version pictured about should be out in the next couple of months and will be same sound and their in wall one they are showing now.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Not thin enough - 03/17/08 08:49 PM
Yes, but your room is very large, not sure the m22 version of the inwalls will be adequate? I would recommend you get a sub for the low end. As Jason mentioned above, I've heard rumors that they are planning an m60 or m80 version of the inwalls, not sure.
Posted By: Amie Re: Not thin enough - 03/18/08 12:25 PM
Confirming the rumour. The M80 prototype has left large holes in the walls of the listening room . . . patched up regularly for sound integrity, of course!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Not thin enough - 03/18/08 05:21 PM
Those puppies have got to be pretty deep to be similar in character to the M80s!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Not thin enough - 03/18/08 05:24 PM
At that thickness (or thinness!), I bet there could be place for very creative and artistic grills.
© Axiom Message Boards