Axiom Home Page
Posted By: turbo16v DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/20/08 05:42 PM
Either DHL or Purolator lost my new HG Cherry M80's QS8's and VP150......How do you loose 5 boxes?? \:\(

I have talked to noreen and she is trying to track them down.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/20/08 05:48 PM
If it is DHL you will most likely see a statement that says "shipment arrived at incorrect facility, sending to correct facility."

I'd almost put money on it
Posted By: turbo16v Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/20/08 05:49 PM
Exactly... did this happen to you?
Posted By: NDinUSA Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/20/08 05:50 PM
It's more than likely DHL's problem. It took DHL 2 weeks to track my order down. Sent to the wrong place twice. And when you get the speakers, check the boxes for the DHL holes and make sure your speakers aren't damanged. The boxes that arrived late for me looked like they were dragged by the truck. But thanks to the superior Axiom packaging, none of the speakers were damaged. Good luck.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/20/08 05:51 PM
Bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmer!

Do you have the feeling that someone somewhere is hooking up a new home theater system and is about to be blown away?

That'd be paranoid. They probably just took a slight detour ... a routing error which sent them first to Minnesota.

Did anyone give you a tracking number so you can wear out your refresh button?
Posted By: turbo16v Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/20/08 05:55 PM
DHL's website has stated "Shipment arrived at incorrect facility. Sent to correct destination." for 4 days. I have talked to 6 people at dhl the first 5 told me the boxes were on their way and the hold up was a damaged bar code on 1 of the boxes. the last person i talked to told me they never even had the boxes....
Posted By: terzaghi Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/20/08 06:05 PM
Yah, that happened to several of us here.... DHL sucks
Posted By: DaveG Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/20/08 06:25 PM
I deal with Fed Ex, UPS and DHL regularly, DHL has the most problems.
At our company, we had many problems (a good half a dozen cases) with stolen goods (harddrives, laptops, parts...) with DHL (and they always denied responsibility!!!!) that we boycot any company using them (and we're not using them ourselves).
Posted By: SirQuack Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/20/08 11:19 PM
Yep, this is a common excuse from DHL, not sure why Axiom keeps using them.
Posted By: jakewash Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/21/08 12:03 AM
Unfortunately, it has to do with Purolator's accessability to the US. Once DHL bought out Airbourne Express, things went downhill from there.
Posted By: arcticair Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/21/08 01:07 AM
Probably left all 5 boxes at your front door! Some people think finder keepers aplies on your own property!

I'v orderd some nice stuff online only to come home to see it on my front pourch! WTF! Dont they need a sig or finger print!!

I'v learned that you have to select the option that a signature is required! or they will leave it at the door if its a nice neighbourhood. Is there such a thing?

I hope they find them man!
Posted By: jfdawson Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/21/08 01:27 PM
DHL's website has stated "Shipment arrived at incorrect facility. Sent to correct destination." for 4 days. I have talked to 6 people at dhl the first 5 told me the boxes were on their way and the hold up was a damaged bar code on 1 of the boxes. the last person i talked to told me they never even had the boxes....

EXACT SAME STORY AS ABOVE FOR ME... I live in Texas.

- JD
Posted By: turbo16v Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/22/08 05:44 AM
They Arrived!! Wow 2nd day air Dhl only took 5 days after purolator delivered them. Talk about crapy service. They changed the tracking #'s and didn't even update their own computer system. So their own people could not even track them...
The boxes looked like they dropped them out of the airplane into a meat grinder. I could see the speaker without even opening the box!!!...The DHL guy Actually said why didn't you use UPS or Fed EX After opening every thing up and inspecting it looked like my HG Cherry babies were safe. So I plugged them into my new pre/pro and amp and rocked out for about 6 hours(didn't take it up to loud yet). I tried Pink floyd's dark side of the moon SACD(amazing), Michael buble(very nice), and then we watched Transformers... wow that has a great soundtrack.. Now I just have to figure a way to keep my cats off the M80's \:\)
We are very exited!!!(yes my wife is too)
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/22/08 05:50 AM
Congrats, turbo!

Anytime someone gets HG Cherry speakers pics are a requirement. ;\)
Posted By: bridgman Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/22/08 06:00 AM
Congratulations. Good to hear they arrived safely.
Posted By: JohnK Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/22/08 06:13 AM
Very good, turbo; enjoy. In your case DHL apparently arranged things so that you could meet the "pics requirement" without even opening the boxes!
Posted By: DaveG Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/22/08 01:19 PM
Congrats on the arrival of your speakers.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/22/08 01:27 PM
Hopefully Axiom will pursue talking to DHL/Purolator service reps as this seems to be the norm lately versus the exception.
Posted By: alan Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/23/08 05:26 PM
Hi turbo and all,

Apologies for the screw-up, but it happens occasionally. I do not think DHL is any more subject to misdirected orders than FedEx or Purolator (we use Purolator in Canada). All of them occasionally make mistakes, and we use all of them on different routes, ground, air and internationally.

Given the thousands of orders we ship every month, an extremely high percentage reach the customers without incident or damage.

My most recent mishap with FedEx happened when I was doing a little press tour of New York editors for the Axiom Audiobytes. The sample Audiobytes arrived by FedEx just fine on next day shipping.

A separate package of a dozen press kits for the Audiobytes, prepared by Axiom's art director/site designer and sent at the same time, was misdirected by FedEx and went to California, taking several days to get back to New York.

I had appointments the next day, so I ended up printing out releases myself, so I wouldn't look totally foolish. That was FedEx. FedEx also dropped one of my early M80s on one end about five years ago, damaging the lower corner, and leaving the other M80 on the truck to ride around New York for a day.

Your speakers will arrive, as did my press kits. As everyone advised, please check the speakers carefully and report any damage immediately to Axiom.

Regards,
Posted By: terzaghi Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/23/08 08:25 PM
I would argue that DHL is by far the worst of the three typical shipping companies.

Posted By: SRoode Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/23/08 09:05 PM
Alan,

I respect you for all you have done to help Axiom be where it is, and help to produce such fine speakers. That being said, we unfortunately have to deal with DHL at my job as well (engineering). 25% of the time the item are mangled, and I'm talking paper, not speakers.

The last time they were nice enough to insert a piece of paper which apologized for the state at which the documents were delivered (form letter of course, and an apology cannot fix original drawings with markups damaged from delivery). I have never had this happen with UPS or FedEx.

My suggestion would be to keep free delivery (via DHL), and give us the option for other deliveries where we pay the delta in cost.

I think most people on this board (and the internet in general) would be willing to pay the extra $10-20 to have our speakers shipped by a delivery company of our choice.

Regards
Posted By: Mojo Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/23/08 11:16 PM
That's an excellent idea actually.
Posted By: turbo16v Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/23/08 11:40 PM
Hi all...
I will have pictures maybe sunday. That is if i can figure out how to post them. \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/23/08 11:55 PM
the easiest way is to sign up for one of the free picture hosting websites like photobucket, upload your pictures there, then just copy the image tag (img) into your Axiom post.
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi
I would argue that DHL is by far the worst of the three typical shipping companies.

In my line of work, chemistry, DHL is actually the better of the bunch. Most packages look like they were just taped up - not a scratch, not a dent, not even a scuff mark. Maybe the skull and crossbones labels have something to do with it. Hmmmmm, now there's an idea for Axiom.

For everything else, OOPS, I mean UPS, is probably the best at taking a square box labeled FRAGILE and delivering a perfectly round package to its destination.

Scott
Posted By: alan Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/24/08 02:17 PM
Hi a401classic,

Love the skull & crossbones idea! But with cross-border shipping, that might delay orders while agents check out each package.

Interesting anecdotal stuff throughout this thread. I also discovered after I posted that turbo16 did receive his speakers, which he is obviously enjoying.

I'll ask my colleague if we have damage stats on all the couriers we use. At Axiom, we test everything, so I expect there is a file somewhere with shipping damage statistics vs. courier.

Alan
There is also a strong possibility that courier performance is influenced by local employees. That would mean they would perform differently depending of point of origin, route and drop destination.
Posted By: mullhead Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/24/08 06:27 PM
I agree.

My first order was delivered by Fed X (circa 2004/05). No problem tracking or with delivery.

Some of my recent purchases had minor problems with DHL.

I'd rather pay a couple of bucks extra for better freight handling.

I am surprised it hasn't been mentioned here before.

However, if people do not give feed back, Axiom doesn't know.
Posted By: alan Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/24/08 07:17 PM
Hi Erik and all,

I did a little research with my colleague, Amie, at Axiom, and turns out you are correct. It's all location-dependent with the various couriers.

As Amie put it: "So FedEx Peoria may be a mess, but DHL is golden there, and then in the next town over that might not be the case. Not much we can do about it really."
(Note: "FedEx Peoria" is just for illustration.)

Axiom is working on a new service option we hope to have built into the customer check-out by mid-summer. It would let customers pay extra to ship with certain couriers.

For example, if a customer wanted FedEx home delivery between 5pm and 7pm, that service could be added for a charge of $7.

Alan
Posted By: DaveG Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/25/08 12:00 PM
An option to select the carrier and delivery time would be great.
Posted By: Murph Re: DHL or Purolator Lost my speakers!!!!! - 03/28/08 02:25 PM
My Gripe for Couriers is normally with UPS. I tracked a missing order today only to find out it was being held at my local depot for pickup since the 14th. Problem is, I never got a call, card or anything to say it was there. their policy is to only hold it for pickup for 5 days so in that way I am lucky they also got sloppy on that part.

I always write "Hold for pickup at depot" in my shipping instructions, but it never, never works. This time I guess it did work but how am I supposed to know when it's arrived unless I track it every day.

Rant over.

Axiom, I think an option to choose the courier that works best for you, would be most welcome.
© Axiom Message Boards