Axiom Home Page
Posted By: skubic Just pulled the trigger! - 04/07/08 10:23 AM
Thought I'd drop a line to let everyone know I just pulled the trigger on 2 M80's, VP150, and 2 QS8's. I can't wait to hear what they sound like. I'll be running them on an Outlaw 7500 5 channel amp with an Outlaw 990 pre/pro. My sub is also Outlaw, LFM-1 EX.

Scott
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/07/08 11:47 AM
you will be very happy you did!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/07/08 12:07 PM
You will be a very happy person for a long, long time!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/07/08 12:34 PM
Welcome Scott,

That will be one nice system for you to show off. \:\)
Posted By: Murph Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/07/08 02:01 PM
Welcome,
Very nice setup. Make sure you let us know what you think once they arrive.
Posted By: DaveG Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/07/08 03:26 PM
Welcome Scott, you will be very pleased with your new speakers.
Posted By: zzyzx Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/07/08 10:46 PM
Did you get the factory direct with black oak by any chance?
Posted By: StuntGibbon Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/07/08 11:02 PM
You're going to like them so much, you might just go ape-shit and start knifing people. So be very careful.
Posted By: myrison Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/07/08 11:33 PM
 Originally Posted By: StuntGibbon
You're going to like them so much, you might just go ape-shit and start knifing people. So be very careful.

On first read, I laughed, then I asked myself... wait, what in the world is he talking about? Now I'm just a little scared. Is there an inside joke here or do we need to call your neighbors and warn them? ;\)
Posted By: StuntGibbon Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/08/08 12:08 AM
That's why I'm warning them... don't get TOO happy.
Posted By: prototype3a Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/08/08 12:34 AM
I have the LFM-1 Plus and I'm sure you're gonna love the EX.

The only draw back I've found is that it is a tad large.
Posted By: 902599 Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/08/08 01:06 AM
I have the same system but with the lfm-plus, YOUR GOING TO ROCK IT1
Posted By: skubic Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/08/08 11:33 AM
I will be sure to lock up all the knives before they arrive. The guns.....well, that's another story.

Just got the shipping notice. Estimated delivery date is Friday! Let's just hope they don't get held up at the border.

The funny thing is, my theater is not done yet, so I won't be able to fully set everything up, but I know there's no way I'll be able to keep those things in the box. My wife doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to set the speakers up in our family room until my theater is ready.
Posted By: skubic Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/08/08 11:40 AM
I'm glad to hear others have the Outlaw subs. I do agree that the LFM EX is huge. I guess I'm a bit spacially challenged because I saw the dimensions online before I bought them, but they were twice as large as I thought they'd be when I got them. I say "them" because I ordered two, but I'm going to be sending one back. They are just too big to have two of them in my 20 X 16 room. I guess my eyes were bigger than my stomach.

Those of you with the LFM-1 plus's, do you just run one sub or two and what size rooms do you have? Will one EX produce slammin' bass for music and all those great rumbles on the action movies?

Scott
Posted By: vassillios Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/08/08 03:13 PM
 Originally Posted By: skubic
Just got the shipping notice. Estimated delivery date is Friday! Let's just hope they don't get held up at the border.

Are they being shipped via DHL? If they are, held up at the border is the least of your worries.....
Posted By: skubic Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/08/08 05:45 PM
They gave me a Fedex tracking number.
Posted By: skubic Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/08/08 05:47 PM
vassillios,

I think I may have been reading your post on a different forum. Are you waiting for a sub? What happened with DHL?
Posted By: myrison Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/08/08 06:01 PM
Don't ask... \:\(
Posted By: prototype3a Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/08/08 09:16 PM
Geez, 2 EXs?! My plus is about the size of a small end table. If it weren't for that plexi top I would be tempted to use it as one too.

My apartment is pretty small so I run my plus with a volume of only about 4 and if I turn up the volume on the receiver it definately could shake my place to pieces. I like knowing that when I get a bigger place all I have to do is turn it up a little more to maybe 6 or 7.
Posted By: vassillios Re: Just pulled the trigger! - 04/09/08 03:15 PM
 Originally Posted By: skubic
vassillios,

I think I may have been reading your post on a different forum. Are you waiting for a sub? What happened with DHL?

that tis not I. As too the question about DHL...you better pray they don't get lost or damaged.

but you have a fed ex number....so just pray they don't get lost. I haven't had much luck with fed ex....they delivered my Macbook Pro to the wrong address.
© Axiom Message Boards