Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ScurvyDog QS8 T-bracket or Swivel Bracket - 04/09/08 10:48 PM
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered up my Axiom speakers for my home theater. I do have a question though.

I have QS8s for my surrounds and they will be mounted at 8' height. Not having experience with these speakers would I be better served getting the optional swivel bracket to tilt these speakers slightly downward towards my listening position or stick with the flush mount?

Thoughts??

Eagerly drooling for a shipdate
-Robert
Posted By: Hutzal Re: QS8 T-bracket or Swivel Bracket - 04/09/08 11:03 PM
You don't need the swivel, the bottom driver is pointed straight down, and they are highly versatile. I would just mount them with the given brackets and save yourself $80.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: QS8 T-bracket or Swivel Bracket - 04/10/08 12:21 AM
All four of my Qs8's are mounted from a boxed in ceiling location about 7-8ft up and they work fine not angled.
Posted By: myrison Re: QS8 T-bracket or Swivel Bracket - 04/10/08 03:19 AM
Ditto that... I have 4 of them at just over 7.5' height flush mounted to the walls in a 7.1 setup (soon to be 7.2) ;). They sound great. Save the money. \:\)
Posted By: terzaghi Re: QS8 T-bracket or Swivel Bracket - 04/10/08 03:32 AM
use T brackets here- work great
Posted By: DaveG Re: QS8 T-bracket or Swivel Bracket - 04/10/08 11:45 AM
Just go with the supplied T brackets your QS8s will sound great.
Posted By: ScurvyDog Re: QS8 T-bracket or Swivel Bracket - 04/10/08 10:55 PM
Great as I can use the cost savings after the heart attack for my speaker bill ;\) I picked up my first SACD of Norah Jones and cannot wait to see what this hi-fidelity is all cracked up to be ;\)
© Axiom Message Boards