Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Bayne 3.0 System Now Ordered - 04/19/08 02:39 PM
Happy snow day to my fellow Calgarians!

I just placed an order for a VP100, a couple of M3's, and some FMS24's. Anything's got to sound better than the garbage speakers in todays slimmer TV's--man I miss my old 300 pound RPTV. That giant construct at least had room to fit in decent speakers. I'm looking forward to hearing what a 3.0 system sounds like, and I'll post some photos and a review after it arrives. My only worry is now I don't know what else I can plan on buying from Axiom. I think I'm done. \:\(
Posted By: Mojo Re: 3.0 System Now Ordered - 04/19/08 02:54 PM
I've got a foot of snow in my eavestroughs already! I heard Montreal had a high of 26C yesterday. God, like the government, has abandoned the west \:\) .

Weren't you the one that just completed a home theatre with M2s in the back? What's all this other paraphernelia for?

Next up for you is audiobytes I guess \:\) .
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: 3.0 System Now Ordered - 04/19/08 03:00 PM
Cool 3.0! How will you power it?

And yes, Tex, 26C and then 7 days of 21-22 with the sun. After this winter, it's pretty cool... actually less cool, but you know what I mean...
Posted By: Bayne Re: 3.0 System Now Ordered - 04/19/08 03:55 PM
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
Weren't you the one that just completed a home theatre with M2s in the back? What's all this other paraphernelia for?

Next up for you is audiobytes I guess \:\) .

Yeah, that's me. This 3.0 system is for our new HDTV we bought in January. I have an old Yamaha receiver and wanted some decent speakers for the TV. Watching anything in HD or even DVD's and having the audio downsampled to the two-channel TV speakers sounds terrible. Dialog is either really loud, or really quiet, so I thought a 3.0 set-up would help.
© Axiom Message Boards