Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HomeDad Monoprice - 05/01/08 11:47 PM
I haven't had to order cables for myself in awhile, but I'm helping my brother in-law get his new home theatre setup this weekend, so I ordered some Toslink and Hdmi cables from Monoprice to take over to his place when I help him get everything setup. Well I was so impressed by the look and quality of the new cables, I guess he's getting my old stuff. \:\)

This has to be the nicest jacketed and metal 6ft Toslink I've ever seen for $6.49, or for 5x as much.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Monoprice - 05/01/08 11:56 PM
Pretty!
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 12:12 AM
I agree, I used the same for my inlaws and it made me want to "upgrade", to cheaper cables no less.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 02:42 AM
I've got the same cable. I agree that it is very nice!
Posted By: DaveG Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 11:42 AM
Nice looking cable.
Posted By: ctown Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 02:33 PM
I have ordered a few different cables from Monoprice and the product, price and even delivery to Canada is outstanding.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 02:49 PM
Has anyone ordered HDMI cables from monoprice? I need about a 10 or 12 footer to go from my receiver to my TV. The current one I have is 6 feet and it is not long enough to hide along the baseboard.
Posted By: TylerDCA Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 02:53 PM
I have a ton of HDMI cables from monoprice. I just tested to 15' last night and both worked fine. I do know that Monoprice HDMI cables start to suffer in the 30' range, >30' I would start to worry about Monoprice quality and go Blue Jeans.
Posted By: thefwam Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 02:54 PM
Terzaghi, I have ordered all of my HDMI cables from Monoprice, and they are on par with the quality of all the other cables they make, which is to say that the build and audio/video quality is fantastic.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 03:21 PM
I grabbed a couple HDMI cables, 10ft for under $6.00, nicely made.

I run a couple different colors, it makes it easier to track them in my cable jungle.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 03:46 PM
I have a 25ft mono hdmi and componant to my projector and it works fine.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 03:47 PM
Different colors!

Sure, you COULD do it that way...

But wouldn't that require creative advance planning and eliminate lots of swearing? Where's the joy in that?
Posted By: JaredM Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 03:52 PM
I got a 50' HDMI cable from Blue Jeans in the mail yesterday. The thing is a beast. You should be fine with Monoprice for the shorter run, don't have any experience with 'em myself, but that toslink cable is perrrrrrdy.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 04:09 PM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
I have a 25ft mono hdmi and componant to my projector and it works fine.

ditto
Posted By: iammongo Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 05:12 PM
I have all Monoprice cables on my system and they work fantastic. I have an in-wall rated 25foot HDMI cable and the only negative (if you can call it one) is that the ends of the cable are HUGE!

My plasma is an on-wall install and the cable forced the TV a good 5 inches away.. the solution was buying a 90 degree HDMI male to female connector also from monoprice which allowed me to drop the cable down along the back of the instead of straight back.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Monoprice - 05/02/08 05:36 PM
Four years ago I needed a HDMI-DVI cable, it was either pay $28CDN to have one delivered from California or buy from FutileShop and pay $168. I cringe everytime I'm in that store and listen to the salespeople talk to first time HDTV buyers.

Needless to say I went with Monoprice.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Monoprice - 05/03/08 03:03 PM
I have two thoughts on the cable idea:

• 1) colour code the different cable types (buy all blue for opticals, or buy all blue for tv connections, etc.)
  • 2) buy all the same colour (e.g. like the Axiom black sheath) so that everything looks uniform in the rat's nest coming from the rear

Thoughts?
I'm leaning towards option 2.

Posted By: Kinge Re: Monoprice - 05/03/08 03:22 PM
I got a thirty foot hdmi for my dad. Works great at 1080p. My whole system is put together with monoprice. I think I got like 14 cables for 55 or something ridiculous. Then they all looked great and work perfectly.

Jeb
Posted By: doormat Re: Monoprice - 05/03/08 05:03 PM
 Originally Posted By: chesseroo
I have two thoughts on the cable idea:

• 1) colour code the different cable types (buy all blue for opticals, or buy all blue for tv connections, etc.)
  • 2) buy all the same colour (e.g. like the Axiom black sheath) so that everything looks uniform in the rat's nest coming from the rear

Thoughts?
I'm leaning towards option 2.

Or you could colour code for each device(blue for dvd, black for sat/cbl, etc)
Posted By: blackstar79 Re: Monoprice - 05/04/08 11:52 PM
have the 25ft version of that optical cable. does a great job..someone also asked about their HDMI cables. I've got a 50ft one with no problems, works great
Posted By: DaveG Re: Monoprice - 05/05/08 01:50 PM
I have used the longer Monoprice cables without any problems.
Posted By: ScurvyDog Re: Monoprice - 05/06/08 02:25 PM
I recently purchased cables from both Monoprice and Blue Jeans. Great service and cables form both. Monoprice custom made my sub cables to length.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Monoprice - 05/06/08 02:42 PM
I think you have the two confused. Bluejeans will make custom length cables- monoprice won't. (I am pretty sure)
Posted By: Murph Re: Monoprice - 05/09/08 11:57 AM
I recently purchased two 3 or 4 foot HDMI cables from Monoprice and a HDMI switch box. The cables had the same sheathing as the picture and were rated for 1.3 as was the switch box.

When I run it all together using my old cable as the output to the receiver, it introduces pauses in the audio where my receiver shows no input signal. It happens on both sources using the new cables between source and switch.

I need to borrow a friends HDMI cable to test and see if it is the cables or the switch box introducing the signal loss.

As a side note, while I was first impressed with the sturdy sheathing as you see in his picture, I later found that it was overly stiff if you needed to coil it behind two devices that sit on the same shelf.

Monoprice is literally less than half what I pay for stuff locally so I'm hoping their after sale service will also be good on whichever I might discover I need to return.
© Axiom Message Boards