Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous receiver preference - 11/29/01 04:55 AM
I am having a difficult time deciding on what brand of receiver to buy that would go along with the MT60's. I don't own these speakers yet, and have never even listened to them. But, I am going to buy them based on high recommedations.

Anyway, what brands do you personally prefer that match well with your speakers? Also, is a lot of power in a receiver really worth the extra money when your speakers are so sensitive? I ask this because I'm seriously considering a receiver at only 85watts stereo and 75watts for each of the surrounds. Is this sufficient?

Thanks once again for your time!

Posted By: Anonymous Re: receiver preference - 11/29/01 05:06 AM
Ah...after I posted this, I read your reply to Brad under 'HTsetup' and part of my questions were answered. It seems that 75watts would be OK (BTW, it was a Harman Kardon that I was referring to). Still, is there a receiver that you particularly like with Axiom speakers? If it sounds great to you, I'm sure I would be happy!

Posted By: Ian Re: receiver preference - 11/29/01 08:45 AM
The M60s are very easy to drive which means they will work well with a wide variety of receivers. The power that you are looking at is certainly lots to make the M60s perform properly. The amount of power really needs to be considered in conjunction with your room size and listening preferences. If you want loud in a large room it takes a lot of power.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Posted By: Ian Re: receiver preference - 11/29/01 08:47 AM
The Harman Kardon is a great selection.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Posted By: libirm Re: receiver preference - 11/30/01 09:02 PM
Mary, I thought I would let you know the conclusion I made after being in your position awhile ago. Dollar per dollar you cannot beat the Outlaw 1050. Check it out on their web site http://www.outlawaudio.com The quality and performance is there, the reviews are fabulous. Just a thought. Hope this helps.

Posted By: Derek Re: receiver preference - 12/05/01 03:24 AM
I think for the money, Carver, out of Washington state, makes a very good product at a "fair" price

crystal clear
© Axiom Message Boards