Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mariouzzi Crossover for M22's - 05/28/08 02:56 AM
My reciever only allows one crossover setting (which I have set at 80 hz). However, I think the M22's can go down to 60hz. If I set the fronts (the M22's) to large and the sub to "plus", will the M22's suffer any from the low frequencies?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Crossover for M22's - 05/28/08 03:19 AM
Mario, welcome back. The commonly suggested 80Hz crossover setting is what I use on my M22s although I have available 40Hz-200Hz. 80Hz has been found by THX and others to be a good compromise setting, being high enough to relieve the speakers(and the amplifier driving them)from a significant part of the lowest bass burden while not being so high that the sub is easily localizable. No, don't set the M22s large and don't use a "plus" type of setting. Use bass management to allow the sub and speakers to handle the frequencies which they're best at.
Posted By: mariouzzi Re: Crossover for M22's - 05/28/08 03:29 AM
I'll probably just keep it at 80hz. I was just bored and messing around with my reciever settings (I just recently rediscovered the manual). I recently got my QS4's and EP350 to complete my M22's and VP150, so I've just been listening to movies and music nonstop and tweaking the settings.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Crossover for M22's - 05/28/08 09:34 AM
I ran my M22s as large LFE+ for quite sometime and enjoyed it. The M22 driver just does a natural roll off of any frequencies it can't handle, so no you won't hurt them. I would suggest running your system the way it sounds best to you. If you like the M22s set to large then run them that way.
© Axiom Message Boards