Axiom Home Page
In case anyone hasn't seen this yet, Adire Audio has designed a new subwoofer in the cylinder style but with some lovely finishes available and at an attractive price:
the sadhara
Shooooot howdy! Fancy wood finished waterheaters ? What will they think of next ? :>
umm... While I understand the potential technical benefits of cylinder designs, I cannot imagine any cylinder sub inhabiting our living room. Even before WAF kicks in, this is the matter of S(elf)AF (my wife cares less about room decor/appearance than myself ).

Hey,

I should have done a nice cedar-vinyl wrap around that water heater in my island cabin in the Canadian North. I could have told visitors it was a subwoofer that supplied low-bass reinforcement to my Marantz Superscope boombox. . .

Regards,
Actually, I've seen some sonotubes that were quite attractive. So long as it's done in a very nice finish with attractive hardware, it can be made to look like furniture.

Then again, I'm a bachelor and I decorate like one...
Did you notice how inefficient that sub is...I think it was 84 db @ 1 W! The sub I built has a 92 db stryke in it. I understand the kilowatt rating, but you gotta throw lots of amp at it for reference volumes.

Dont take me wrong, it may sound great, but they could have used a shiva or better in it!
© Axiom Message Boards