Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Hutzal Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 05:36 AM
Hey guys,

I am new to the US and I am wondering where all the good deals are on receivers? Specifically the Yamaha RX-V663?

Thanks!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 06:22 AM
I've never shopped here, but the price is great and they have a good reseller rating. PowersellerNYC
Posted By: jakewash Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 09:26 AM
Try Audioholics store

RX V663

or Amazon.com
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 11:49 AM
try CALLING the folks at 6ave,com. They might give you a better price if you call and ask
Posted By: DaveG Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 12:52 PM
I would also check the price from Amazon.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 01:01 PM
I always order from Canada. \:\) There should be lots of electronics stores in LA. I purchased my Denon from American Electronics during one of their employee pricing days, they are all over the US.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 02:34 PM
Welcome to LA! There are lots of places in LA to shop, but ultimately I almost always end up purchasing online, as the prices are always better, you don't have to pay sales tax, and you can often even find free shipping.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 02:46 PM
Just a thought about where to buy receivers...maybe it's myth, but when I bought my Denon (years ago), I was lead to believe you had to buy from an authorized dealer. Otherwise, the manufacturer would not honor their warranty. How much do we need to worry about that? I found there weren't any "deals" on receivers sold by authorized dealers.
Posted By: idboy Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 02:51 PM
 Originally Posted By: sonicfox
Just a thought about where to buy receivers...maybe it's myth, but when I bought my Denon (years ago), I was lead to believe you had to buy from an authorized dealer. Otherwise, the manufacturer would not honor their warranty. How much do we need to worry about that? I found there weren't any "deals" on receivers sold by authorized dealers.

A few points - you can sometimes get really good deals from authorized online retailers of Denon - 6ave.com gets talked up a ton around here - I think you can, or were, able to get the 3808 for like $1099 or something like that. You have to call directly for that, however. If there is a piece of equipment you want, sometimes it pays to call the site directly. Also, in addition to Amazon, Vanns.com is a great site. You can get the 663 for $499 from either Amazon or Vanns - free shipping, no tax. Hard to beat.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 03:33 PM
I have been seeing that $499 price around the internet a bit, looks like that's the price right now until the 665 comes out.

Thanks for all the input!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 04:01 PM
$365.00 here PowersellerNYC
Posted By: michael_d Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 04:30 PM
I buy the bulk of my electronics from AVScience. I don't think they carry Yamaha, but it would be worth a phone call. They regularly have better prices on just about everything, all the time. Plus, they are all a bunch of AV geeks just like the rest of us………..
Posted By: Wid Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 09:03 PM
 Quote:
I buy the bulk of my electronics

More like you buy you electronics in bulk
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 09:13 PM
I'm bulky and I buy electronics.

( Actually, neither of those is true. \:\) and \:\( )
Posted By: michael_d Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/27/08 10:30 PM
 Originally Posted By: wid
 Quote:
I buy the bulk of my electronics

More like you buy you electronics in bulk

you do have a valid point there...... that should change shortly. I just bought a new truck to throw money at.
Posted By: ratpack Re: Where to get recievers in USA? - 08/28/08 12:05 AM
You can go to a few of the sales websites like amazon.com or buy.com and see what the ratings are for some of their vendors.

I've bought from 6 Ave and am satisfied. I've bought from others. But, look at the ratings/ feedback that the companies have received. I normally only read the negative comments to see if there is a common thread like not having the gear that they say is "in stock."

Good Luck.
© Axiom Message Boards