Axiom Home Page
i am in the market for a nice set of bookshelf speakers, and i have a pioneer elite 45tx, and i was wondering if the m22ti would be a nice match. i may be upgrading to an outlaw 770 in the future, and using the 45tx as a pre/pro. i dont exactly know what bright/warm means, but i know that i like a crisp sound in the highs, and the midranges must be nice and tight too. bass is not as important to me, but i dont mind a little kick. seems like thge m22ti would be a nice little set of speakers for $400 US. anyway, help would be appreciated. this is also my first post here, thought i would mention.

CJ
Welcome! Well I can only tell you, I bought a set of M22ti's for my front stage in my new HT system along with many other Axioms speakers. Anyway, due to Receiver problems I still have only been able to listen to my M22ti's on my Dads 20 year old 36 watt per channel 2 channel Tuner/Amp. I have to say, you would be very happy with a set of M22ti's! I was blown away by their sound. They are quite efficient too. They sound fine with the 36 watts. Makes me wonder how long it takes to crack the ceiling once I have 110 watts X6 going to them! LOL! If bass is not that important then you will be very happy. I have a EP175 sub, which I had hooked up once with the M22ti's and the low end was imporoved greatly. But I am very very happy with the sound without the sub. Sometimes its hard to believe that the sound you hear is comming from such a small speaker! The only thing I tested before buying these were Paradigm Mini Monitors, and I have to say the M22ti's are much better! Be sure to check the Factory Outlet. I believe there are still some M22ti's in there for $360. You will be very happy!
thanks very much for the reply. i hope i will be happy with them, they are certainly a step up from what i have now for fronts, which isa pair of old sony bookshelves. although i will say that they dont sound horrible at all. any pioneer 45tx owners have the m22ti's? what kind of warrantty is included with outlet speakers? i should probably go find the outlet there, im sure questions will be answered there. thanks again!\

CJ
The M22's are efficient and well-behaving 8-ohm speakers, meaning they are relatively easy to drive. Your 45TX should have no problems driving them way too loud.

Cheers!
In reply to:

i dont exactly know what bright/warm means

By the way, Alan has written an excellent brief article here about various "lingoes" commonly used for describing loudspeaker sound.

Cheers!
© Axiom Message Boards