Axiom Home Page
Posted By: etap Settings of my new speakers - 10/01/08 07:19 PM
My speakers,should be here tomorrow,and I have a Denon 3805 receiver.Just was wondering if I should put it in small or large
speaker settings.I have M60, Vp150, QS8 and next week , Monday I'll have (2) EP600 Subs , and didn't know the best setting for this.Thank you for your help!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Settings of my new speakers - 10/01/08 07:21 PM
Untill you have the subs, put the M60 as large and the others at small (bass will be sent to M60). Once you get the subs, set them all to small.
Posted By: myrison Re: Settings of my new speakers - 10/01/08 09:52 PM
etap - as we conversed in PMs, I'm glad to see you posted the question publicly too.

You'll have to send us all pictures of your setup once you get it up and running. 2 600s ==> SCARY LOUD Bass!!!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Settings of my new speakers - 10/01/08 10:09 PM
 Originally Posted By: myrison
You'll have to send us all pictures of your setup once you get it up and running. 2 600s ==> SCARY LOUD Bass!!!
Naw, only if he doesn't calibrate them properly, he will just get smoother bass and slightly more output.;\) I believe you can never have too much speaker or sub for a room.
Posted By: myrison Re: Settings of my new speakers - 10/01/08 11:10 PM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
I believe you can never have too much speaker or sub for a room.

But don't let that stop anyone from trying! ;\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Settings of my new speakers - 10/02/08 01:51 PM
I would say for starters to place the 600 opposite each other either on the center side walls or center front back walls. For starters I would set all speakers to small with a 80hz crossover, you can tweak later if needed. Calibrate all speakers/sub using Denon mic, and possibly follow up with an Radio Shack SPL meter to verify all are calibrated the same. Turn the crossover knob on the 600 to bypass or max setting.
© Axiom Message Boards