Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bman Which system to choose? - 03/06/03 07:45 PM
I am new to the boards and may I say that I have picked up some valuable information here. I am ready to take the leap and purchase from Axiom, but wanted to hear some opinions first. I am upgrading my system from:
Boston Acoustics Micro 80s up front
BA CRC1 center
CR 400 BA sub
BA VRS micros for surround
Your basic Boston Acoustics satillite system
My room is 17Lx13Wx8H and I was thinking of purchasing fronts and center first, then later adding some surrounds - mainly budget constraints. I am happy with the sub in that size room.
So....
Would you suggest an M22Ti based system or a larger front with M50Ti or M60Ti? I am running a Denon 1700 A/V Surround sound receiver. Mainly for movies but some music. I want to get the VP100, but the VP150 is impressive. Which matches better with the M22Ti and the M50Ti and M60Ti.
As far as surrounds, QS4 are in my price range, but should I hold off and buy the QS8s as I can afford them?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Which system to choose? - 03/07/03 11:05 AM
Buy the M60's and VP150. Buy the QS8's when your budget allows it. You won't regret your decision. Buying in steps means you will get what you want when you can afford it.
Posted By: b_man Re: Which system to choose? - 03/21/03 05:22 PM
Another Bman on this forum????

That's cool! Good luck on your home theater upgrade.

B_man
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Which system to choose? - 03/21/03 06:57 PM
I couldn't agree more with that.

Buy M60's, VP150, and QS8's when the budget permits, otherwise you will never be fully satisfied if you buy lesser speakers than what you REALLY TRULY HONESTLY DEEPDOWNINSIDE wanted.
© Axiom Message Boards