Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bfd Sony DA4ES - 03/11/03 09:06 PM
Hi folks,

I was just curious if anyone has used the Sony DA4ES Receiver with the Axiom m80ti towers. I have already purchased this receiver and want the Axioms, but wanted to make sure the receiver wouldn't have any trouble with these speakers. It has a 4OHM/8OHM switch on the back, but still wanted to make sure before I took the plunge. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BFD
Posted By: amer Re: Sony DA4ES - 03/11/03 10:08 PM
If its got a switch for 4ohms then you should be fine. It may not play them very loud, but it will play them to a reasonable level.
Posted By: sushi Re: Sony DA4ES - 03/12/03 01:11 AM
Um??? With the 110W/ch rated power of the DA4ES (at 8ohms, at 4ohms it will be even higher), and the excellent efficiency of the M80ti's, the combination will play them up to VERY loud levels. Loud enough unless you really want to damage your ears permanently (serious!). The average power pouring into the M80ti's under "normal" listening conditions would be a few 10th of a watt.

Cheers!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Sony DA4ES - 03/12/03 02:08 AM
Although the M80s are rated at 4ohms, you should keep the DA4ES switch at 8ohms, which will probably work well. As sushi pointed out, most of the time the M80s will be drawing 1 watt or less. Only if the receiver shuts off on peaks should you use the current-limiting 4ohm position.
Posted By: amer Re: Sony DA4ES - 03/12/03 02:19 AM
True.....I was just trying relating my Onkyo 787 cutting out at higher volumes, or even at fairly moderate volumes levels when dealing with large variations in dynamic range. It doesn't have the 4ohm swith.
Posted By: bfd Re: Sony DA4ES - 03/17/03 11:46 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I will be ordering them soon.

BFD
© Axiom Message Boards