Axiom Home Page
Posted By: michael_d A new LFE test scene - 12/31/08 04:51 PM
We watched the last Mummy movie on Blue Ray last night. I was so impressed with the movie, I’ve forgotten the name of it already…… I can’t believe they filmed this without Rachael Weisz.

Crappy movie aside, the scene where they are fighting with the goofy looking yeti and the avalanche comes down the mountain was pretty long and intense. It was brutally intense in my room. So much so, it sounded pretty bad. This got me to thinking that maybe there is some merit in setting the M80’s to small verses large. I changed them to small with a crossover of 40 and played this scene again. The LFE was a little better, despite not wanting to believe that. Now I’m thinking I need to invest in some room treatments and bass traps.

At any rate, this scene will shake your walls.
Posted By: fredk Re: A new LFE test scene - 12/31/08 05:30 PM
 Quote:
Now I’m thinking I need to invest in some room treatments and bass traps.

Welcome to the dark side.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: A new LFE test scene - 12/31/08 06:07 PM
I saw it a couple weeks ago and I have have to agree, while the sound was great the absence of Rachael Weisz left a hole in the movie for me. Apparently she just had a baby and did not want to make the trip to China with her newborn so decided to pass on the film.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: A new LFE test scene - 12/31/08 10:28 PM
...or maybe she read the script?

nah...if that were the case she would have passed on the first two films.
Posted By: Hansang Re: A new LFE test scene - 01/01/09 04:14 AM
 Originally Posted By: spiffnme
...or maybe she read the script?

nah...if that were the case she would have passed on the first two films.

Come on now...the first one wasn't so bad - was it? It was a brain-candy movie: entertaining and that's about it. Same category as The Rock, Armageddon etc. Mummy #3 was just atrocious.
Posted By: CV Re: A new LFE test scene - 01/01/09 04:39 AM
Yeah, I'd say it was as good as The Rock and Armageddon, but I don't think that really helps its case.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: A new LFE test scene - 01/01/09 05:55 AM
No, I think The Rock was far better than the other two. But I haven't seen it for quite some time. Armageddon and the Mummy were just bad.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: A new LFE test scene - 01/01/09 05:58 AM
What about the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Mummies?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: A new LFE test scene - 01/01/09 05:59 AM
Having never seen them, I will refrain from comment.

Aw, screw that.

They blew goats.
Posted By: Zimm Re: A new LFE test scene - 01/01/09 09:41 PM
Come on...The Rock was actually a decent flick. The others were exactly what they were intended to be - summer box office draws for hords of teens. Now, it was no Top Gun, but few are.

"Playen with the boys"... oh the '80s.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: A new LFE test scene - 01/01/09 10:26 PM
No, I agree, I really like The Rock.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: A new LFE test scene - 01/02/09 02:02 AM
Did you know Top Gun takes on a whole new meaning if you assume all the characters are gay?
Posted By: Hansang Re: A new LFE test scene - 01/02/09 03:07 AM
 Originally Posted By: Zimm
Come on...The Rock was actually a decent flick. The others were exactly what they were intended to be - summer box office draws for hords of teens. Now, it was no Top Gun, but few are.

"Playen with the boys"... oh the '80s.

I liked that movie! "he has all the guns now, sir" and "What kind of a F$#@ED Up tour is this!"
Posted By: myrison Re: A new LFE test scene - 01/02/09 03:29 AM
I liked The Rock quite a bit as well, but I'm a huge Sean Connery fan.
Posted By: Zimm Re: A new LFE test scene - 01/02/09 05:03 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Did you know Top Gun takes on a whole new meaning if you assume all the characters are gay?

You mean this: Gay Top Gun ?

Like I said, love the 80's.
© Axiom Message Boards