Axiom Home Page
Posted By: vassillios Wall E - 01/31/09 01:56 AM
Holy mother of [insert deity here]!!!

What a visual and audio experience! I was not aware it was 6.1. My Denon 2307 is showing a 7.1 Multi CH IN though. I can understand it showing a 7.1 output because I have it set to output a 6.1 to 7.1, but I don't get it showing a 7.1 input.

That looks like one of those "which way did they go" kind of posts.

Wall E should be classified as Reference Quality (or at least near)
Posted By: vassillios Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 02:00 AM
And how awesome is that Mac "Bong" reference when he recharges!!!!!
Posted By: vassillios Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 02:02 AM
And the laser pointer reminds me of how I would mess with my labs' head!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 02:12 AM
Settle down there. \:\) Glad you liked it.
Posted By: myrison Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 02:12 AM
What setting do you use on the Denon to split the 6th channel into 6 and 7? When I watched that I could not get it to apply processing to the back channel to get it to 7.1. Not a big deal, but in a 7.1 setup it definitely wasn't working right.

Jason
Posted By: vassillios Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 02:13 AM
And what about the whole androgenous love thing between the 2 robots? Or do I just not know which one is the male and which one is the female? Ah! and as I type this, the white robots speaks and it sounds like a woman. Weird.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 02:16 AM
Put away the computer and watch the movie. Sheesh!
Posted By: vassillios Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 02:23 AM
 Originally Posted By: myrison
What setting do you use on the Denon to split the 6th channel into 6 and 7? When I watched that I could not get it to apply processing to the back channel to get it to 7.1. Not a big deal, but in a 7.1 setup it definitely wasn't working right.

Jason

I can't explain it. I have my PS3 internally decoding and sending it to my Denon's external HDMI input. The external input shows 7.1 external input and output. I have the receiver set to split a 6.1 input to 7.1, but the input will usually display as a 6.1 input. Wall E is showing as a 7.1 input, I don't get it.
Posted By: vassillios Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 02:23 AM
And how much did Axiom pay to get a shout out in this film?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 02:26 AM
Zero. Axiom is a dictionary word.
Posted By: vassillios Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 02:56 AM
Party pooper
Posted By: CV Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 03:14 AM
Confetti farts!
Posted By: vassillios Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 03:48 AM
Negative nancy
Posted By: CV Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 03:51 AM
You were hoping for streamers?
Posted By: myrison Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 04:12 AM
On my PS3 to Denon hookup, the Denon displays 7.1 multichannel in regardless of the source as the PS3 is outputting a 7 channel signal to the Denon. The confusion in configuring the Denon correctly for me is that there is nothing coming over 1 of the channels.

A better examples comes from the fact that the Denon also displays 7.1 multichannel in when outputting stereo sound from a CD in the PS3. In this case, even though the Denon shows 7.1 sound, there is only audio coming from the front L&R speakers.

When I go to the surround back settings during Wall*E to change to Dolby Pro Logic, etc., it is grayed out and says "discrete." I don't think I've ever seen that before, so I'm not sure how to change it. Or the answer could be that you can't apply DPL to a 6.1 signal. I am curious what the Denon does with that sixth channel of sound in my 7.1 setup as I could hear no sound at all from either of the rear speakers.

Jason
Posted By: vassillios Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 05:44 AM
 Originally Posted By: myrison
On my PS3 to Denon hookup, the Denon displays 7.1 multichannel in regardless of the source as the PS3 is outputting a 7 channel signal to the Denon. The confusion in configuring the Denon correctly for me is that there is nothing coming over 1 of the channels.

A better examples comes from the fact that the Denon also displays 7.1 multichannel in when outputting stereo sound from a CD in the PS3. In this case, even though the Denon shows 7.1 sound, there is only audio coming from the front L&R speakers.

When I go to the surround back settings during Wall*E to change to Dolby Pro Logic, etc., it is grayed out and says "discrete." I don't think I've ever seen that before, so I'm not sure how to change it. Or the answer could be that you can't apply DPL to a 6.1 signal. I am curious what the Denon does with that sixth channel of sound in my 7.1 setup as I could hear no sound at all from either of the rear speakers.

Jason

what Denon do you have?
Posted By: vassillios Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 05:45 AM
 Originally Posted By: CV
You were hoping for streamers?

Streamers? pfht! Ticker Tape Byatch!

and the Neg Nance was not directed toward you
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 06:01 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Zero. Axiom is a dictionary word.

So is monster. . .
Posted By: jakewash Re: Wall E - 01/31/09 10:30 AM