Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Riker DVD Essentials HD Basic - 02/03/09 11:03 PM
Recently got the DVD Essentials - HD Basic on BluRay to fine tune my brand new Samsung 46" 750 series LCD TV.

First impressions are that this disc looks and feels almost the same as the original, with some of the same old pictures etc.. that's not a good thing in my opinion. I find it difficult to actualy go through a calibration and to be honest, have not managed to complete a full calibration yet. It's just as clumsy as the original, you listen to some information for a long time and there is no clear indication as to "when" you are supposed to "adjust" your set.. not intuitive at all. Joe Kane could have and should have done a much better job with this one, instead of cludging on some HD to the old original one.

I'm not a noob with this stuff at all and I'm having a hard time figuring this disc / procedure out.

I need some advice, tips etc.. on how best to achieve proper calibration with this disc, has anyone here used it sucessfuly ?

Thanks
Steph
Posted By: dewd Re: DVD Essentials HD Basic - 02/04/09 12:36 AM
Yes, used, liked it. I also have DVE and Avia II. Think of the first 45 minutes as instructions. Don't use it to adjust anything. Instead, go to the pop up menu and go to the video and audio menus. Each calibration is listed individually. If you need help, you can read the instructions on the screen or view the instructions from the beginning of the disc.

You are correct that much of the disc has the same materials. Keep in mind the original was done in 1080P. Some of the new material on this new disc was done in 4k.
Posted By: Brandon_G Re: DVD Essentials HD Basic - 02/04/09 01:05 AM
i have the same lcd as you its simply amazing i have never seen anything that will compare
Posted By: Klugger Re: DVD Essentials HD Basic - 02/04/09 03:22 AM
I found i very confusing,took two nights to get through it.One thing that got me was that Joe never said what to set the back light at on an LCD during the calibration.
© Axiom Message Boards