Axiom Home Page
Posted By: oldschool Can I use 2 -M22's as center channels - 02/12/09 02:18 PM
Just a crazy thought as opposed to hanging a center channel on the wall. I'd put these 2 on the console left right next to the TV while the towers (actually giant bookshelfs) are to the left and right of the console.
Posted By: HAY Re: Can I use 2 -M22's as center channels - 02/12/09 02:20 PM
I believe we have 1 users doing this already we good results. I think jakewash(?) in Calgary played with this configuration as well.
Posted By: Wid Re: Can I use 2 -M22's as center channels - 02/12/09 02:23 PM

Doesn't Mdrew have a set up like this?
Posted By: oldschool Re: Can I use 2 -M22's as center channels - 02/12/09 02:23 PM
Wow - I thought I was nuts. I will check these guys out. Thanks
Posted By: RickF Re: Can I use 2 -M22's as center channels - 02/12/09 02:52 PM
I don't know how big your TV is but if you get too wide of a space between the center speakers your off-axis dialogue gets localized to whatever side of the TV you are sitting on, in the sweet spot it sounds awesome.

Mike has his speakers within close proximity of each other *below* his screen and not to each side of the screen ... makes a difference.
Posted By: oldschool Re: Can I use 2 -M22's as center channels - 02/12/09 04:09 PM
I have a 50" Panny and with my stand, there is no room underneath for a center speaker - it'll be filled up with electronics. If I place it on the wall behind the TV, the speaker won't be even with the screen (it will be slightly behind it). I have about 9" on each side of the TV so I thought that would be the easy way out. I have read the 2 or 3 threads on using the M22 as vertical centers and I guess it would be a try it and see how it sounds situation. I think I'll look at center channel stands and see if I can get on that will sit on the TV stand behind the TV so I can use the #150. It would have either to have an adjustable height feature or be the exact length. Thanks.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Can I use 2 -M22's as center channels - 02/12/09 04:33 PM
can you do it yes, but not sure you would want to spread them out, also can your receiver handle the lower ohm rating of the two combined.
Posted By: RickF Re: Can I use 2 -M22's as center channels - 02/12/09 04:50 PM
If that were my setup I'd consider hanging the TV on the wall high enough to place a center channel speaker under the TV on top of the console.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Can I use 2 -M22's as center channels - 02/12/09 08:11 PM
I would think about making or having a riser made to lift the TV up high enough to fit the VP150 under it, if you want to keep the TV on the stand.

I wasn't overly impressed with dual centers on either side of the TV, biggest problem was the near speaker for those off axis was wher the sound came from and not from the TV.
Posted By: oldschool Re: Can I use 2 -M22's as center channels - 02/12/09 08:25 PM
Hi Jay,
I was tossing that idea around too cause I really don't want to put the set on the wall - although it would be the neatest thing to do. Yea, I read all your posts about what you tested . Now to look around to see what I can stuff under there . Thanks.
© Axiom Message Boards