Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MNTechy Real Wood? - 02/20/09 06:12 PM
Ok, I've looked and looked on the web site, but I can't find anywhere that says that the standard finishes are real or vinyl? Can any owners help me out?

Thanks!
Mike
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 06:16 PM
The standard finish is a very top grade vinyl, best in the industry.

The custom shop is vinyl, but more choices and costs more.

The wood shop cost even more.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 06:20 PM
There is a link to all 3 on the Products page.
Posted By: Zimm Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 07:02 PM
IMO, Axiom does not do a great job of showcasing their finishes on the website. I have been very surprised by some of the customer pics that show a vinyl finish that I would think was real wood veneer. Check out the gallery and see what High Gloss Cherry Vinyl and Rosewood Vinyl look like, for example. I am kind of a wood guy and am shocked to say I would seriously consider the Axiom vinyl on a tower speaker. Their real wood does push the price tag into a different competitive realm, so keep that in mind.
Posted By: onn Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 07:07 PM
I didn't know they had a Rosewood vinyl?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 07:09 PM
That's because they don't have a rosewood vinyl. The rosewood, as you are soooo familiar with, is only available as a real wood veneer.
Posted By: onn Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 07:14 PM
I thought maybe Zimm knew something that I was not aware of. ;\)
As a matter of fact I do remember seeing Rosewood speakers somewhere, but where? Don't worry it'll come to me
Posted By: SRoode Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 07:15 PM
I'm going to lick them...
Posted By: Zimm Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 07:32 PM
No wonder I was so damn impressed, they were wood. Ignore my post I spent the morning licking my QS8s, all fanned up!
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 07:37 PM
Welcome to the forum MNTechy,

Here is a pic that was recently posted by gbuchana of their new M3's (custom cherry finish) installed in their home . They are absolutely stunning! \:\)

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=241522&fpart=4

Here is another pic of a custom vinyl high gloss cherry finish with custom grilles made by the owner. Beautiful! \:\)

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=241671

Posted By: jakewash Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 07:55 PM
Got a love/hate relationship going on with those grilles, I love them, the wife hates them.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 08:08 PM
I love those grilles too. He did a great job on them.
Posted By: Hansang Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 09:22 PM
Dang, it was a custom grill job? Looks great!
Posted By: MNTechy Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 09:25 PM
And the M60's, VP150 and QS8's all in Rosewood are still less expensive by over $1000 than the v4 Paradigm's (Studio 60's, cc690, and Studio ADP's)that are on clearance at a local shop!

I'm guessing though that the 30 day in home trial goes out the window when you order custom?????

Gotta find an amp now...
Posted By: Adrian Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 09:38 PM
 Originally Posted By: MNTechy

I'm guessing though that the 30 day in home trial goes out the window when you order custom?????

You know, I never thought about that, I guess the best thing to do is call up Axiom about that and see what the policy is re custom finishes.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 09:55 PM
Opps, dissregard . Posts above were regarding 30 day trial not warranty .
Posted By: Adrian Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 10:00 PM
Techy was referring to the 30 day trial Doc. If someone orders from the custom shop, how would that affect the trial period as it would now be a 'custom' speaker. That's something he should be asking Axiom about, I think. The warranty would be the same for sure.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 10:04 PM
A quick email to Axiom wouldn't hurt. They are usually very quick in responding to customer inquiries.
Posted By: RickF Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 10:16 PM
>>>>...Call or E-mail our Audio/Video Experts Toll-Free 1-866-244-8796
9am-11pm Mon-Fr, 10am-9pm Sat and Sun, EST...<<<

Hard to beat that.

Posted By: MNTechy Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 11:26 PM
I called and they do still have the in home trial even on the custom stuff! Cool!
Posted By: myrison Re: Real Wood? - 02/20/09 11:32 PM
For those of you who followed House's link and couldn't find the pictures, this is the direct link to the post with the pictures.
© Axiom Message Boards