Axiom Home Page
Posted By: drewy1 SVS vrs Axiom - 03/03/09 02:29 AM

Hi I am looking at buying either an SVS PB12-Plus/2 rated at 900WRMS or the Axiom EP500 v2 rated at 500WRMS. I can get either subwoofer for the same price since the SVS is a runout model. Would I be fair is saying that the SVS would be far better value for money. Has anyone compared the two or are they not a fair comparison. Should the SVS be compared to the Axiom EP800?
Posted By: jakewash Re: SVS vrs Axiom - 03/03/09 06:22 PM
The EP800 is more along the lines of the PB13 Ultra, maybe even better as the EP800 has DSP, so you can't hurt it.

The Pb12-plus/2 is a different beast than the EP500, I think you would be very happy with either, but I beleive the PB12 has more output by some of the reports/reviews I have seen, none of which have been direct comparisons, simply my own opinoins based on my experiences.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: SVS vrs Axiom - 03/03/09 06:48 PM
I have not had the pleasure of hearing *any* of Axiom's subs. So direct comparisons will have to be made by others.

I can say that I'm very happy with my SVS PCi+ 20-39. IMHO, it's a great sub. Wonderful, ample, & clean bass. Enough to break my house. ;\)
© Axiom Message Boards