Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Hansang Incredible auditory illusions - 03/25/09 01:19 AM
I came on this site via StumbleUpon. But I'm not sure that it's an illusion rather just a really really well produced sound?

http://techtoggle.com/2009/03/auditory-illusion/

The virtual haircut/woman's voice is simply amazing. I tried it with headphones and this weekend, I'll try it out via QS8's. I wonder if the effect will be the same.

If you have headphones, by all means, check out the link.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Incredible auditory illusions - 03/25/09 02:25 AM
The recording is designed for stereo only, and as they mention, "headphones are a must"... I used some expensive "5.1" headphones and it was OK. I set the headphones for stereo and it was much better, but when I used a nice set of stereo headphones (not my 5.1 ones acting like they are stereo) and it was amazing.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Incredible auditory illusions - 03/25/09 01:56 PM
Very cool! Someday I'll search Binaural recording to find more of these!
Posted By: Hansang Re: Incredible auditory illusions - 03/25/09 08:49 PM
 Originally Posted By: nickbuol
The recording is designed for stereo only, and as they mention, "headphones are a must"... I used some expensive "5.1" headphones and it was OK. I set the headphones for stereo and it was much better, but when I used a nice set of stereo headphones (not my 5.1 ones acting like they are stereo) and it was amazing.

hmmm interesting. I'll have to try it with my gaming headphone to see if "sucks" compared to the stereo headphones.
© Axiom Message Boards