Axiom Home Page
Posted By: LRA final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 12:50 AM

All my speakers are installed now!! yeah!

Link to gallery
Posted By: LRA Re: final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 02:43 AM
the link didn't work in the gallery, here is something similar to what I use to pass my cables for the Qs.. Non expensive desk hole covers. Can be used to pass any kind of cables.

Posted By: jakewash Re: final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 09:20 AM
That's a great idea Luc, I have used rubber grommets in the past. The link works and they look great.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 10:27 AM
 Originally Posted By: LucRaymond
Can be used to pass any kind of cables.

Thank God. Just in time!

I had a few balanced XLRs in my salad yesterday that have...ummm...been giving me a problem!
Posted By: Murph Re: final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 11:14 AM
Very Nice Luc! That first pic looks straight out of a magazine.
Posted By: davekro Re: final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 12:47 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

Thank God. Just in time!

I had a few balanced XLRs in my salad yesterday that have...ummm...been giving me a problem!

...passing cables... sounds like a long painful process.

(sick minds, sick sick sick)
Posted By: LRA Re: final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 01:26 PM

Quote:

I hate passing cables, it's the worst part. I hate going in the attic but I didn't really have much choice.

I will probably need to pass cables between the living room and the basement. I intend to hook more power amps and that would requires bringing power from a different circuit. The light already starting dimming when I crank the volume near 0db. This seems like a good warning not to add anything else on that circuit.
Posted By: davekro Re: final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 02:36 PM

Quote:

I hate passing cables, it's the worst part. I hate going in the attic but I didn't really have much choice.

I will probably need to pass cables between the living room and the basement.

Oh man, that's bad when you can't even make it to the bathroom in time. That's the worst!

Quote:
I intend to hook more power amps and that would requires bringing power from a different circuit. The light already starting dimming when I crank the volume near 0db. This seems like a good warning not to add anything else on that circuit.

Which lights dim? Room lights or lights on your amp(s) or AVR/Prepro? Good luck cleaning the mess between the livingroom and basement. <channeling Mark... g e t o u t o f m y head M a r k ! >
Posted By: LRA Re: final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 02:46 PM
 Quote:

Which lights dim? Room lights or lights on your amp(s) or AVR/Prepro? Good luck cleaning the mess between the livingroom and basement. <channeling Mark... g e t o u t o f m y head M a r k ! >

the room lights..

I will probably add 2xEP1500 for my QSs. I just need an electrician to come over.
Posted By: davekro Re: final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 03:21 PM

the room lights..

WOW! When the room lights dim, you KNOW you are maxed on the amp draw on that circuit!

But your main (15 amp?) breaker or (15a?) surge protectors never trip?
Posted By: vassillios Re: final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 03:51 PM
 Originally Posted By: davekro
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

Thank God. Just in time!

was your salad tossed?
Posted By: LRA Re: final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 04:55 PM
 Originally Posted By: davekro

the room lights..

WOW! When the room lights dim, you KNOW you are maxed on the amp draw on that circuit!

But your main (15 amp?) breaker or (15a?) surge protectors never trip?

yeah I know I'm maxed out.. that's why I'm calling an electrician to balance my power distribution. I need 3-4 circuits dedicated to the toys in the living room. The EP2500 is 2600w/110v and EP1500s are 1600w each.

There is a good chance that I'll hook my pc on the projector.. I can't wait to try x-plane on a 120"

Watching Hellboy2 in 7.1 in my living room is breath taking. The second scene were the guy practice his martial arts is simply amazing. The sound goes right through you and you can feel the power of the M80. The sub is shaking the walls but the M80 goes one step further. Pearl Harbor is also worth the watch.

Posted By: davekro Re: final pics!! yeah - 04/29/09 07:11 PM
I keep watching the weekly sales for my BD want list. HB II is on it. I forgot to ad Pearl Harbor. Maybe I'll have to pay the regular street price. I hate doing that on principle. \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards