Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ajax Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/11/09 11:58 AM
Thought you guys might be interested in seeing another new sub. The designer/maker is Dave who posts at many forums under the name of Bossobass. For years he has been designing, constructing, and installing custom systems including his passion, subwoofers. The Raven may or may not be commercially produced (he's seriously considering it).

He's been getting in room response as low as 5Hz.

Here is a thread about this sub over at the Tweak City Audio forum (TCA is Craigsub's company) which contains a lot more info. Dave starts posting on page 3 and there are more pics on page 4.

Learned of a new sub today

Disclaimers:

1. I have recently joined TCA and will be working alongside Ray (Ray3 on both forums) in the service and sales departments

2. I have no connection whatsoever with Point.One technologies (Dave's company). However, I did have the pleasure of once meeting Dave in person. I found him to be terrifically knowledgeable and a very nice guy.

THE RAVEN

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/11/09 12:35 PM
I actually do like the look of it. I even liked the "snakeskin" one, too.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/11/09 01:19 PM
nice end table. \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/11/09 01:30 PM
That's so Raven.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/11/09 01:35 PM
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
I actually do like the look of it. I even liked the "snakeskin" one, too.

Me too. Did anyone see any dimensions mentioned anywhere?
Posted By: Zimm Re: Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/11/09 03:11 PM
Interesting place to advertise a new sub. I guess you guys would not object to Axiom pumping their subs on your site/forum.
Posted By: CV Re: Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/11/09 03:54 PM
 Originally Posted By: Zimm
Interesting place to advertise a new sub. I guess you guys would not object to Axiom pumping their subs on your site/forum.

Originally Posted By: Ajax
2. I have no connection whatsoever with Point.One technologies (Dave's company). However, I did have the pleasure of once meeting Dave in person. I found him to be terrifically knowledgeable and a very nice guy.

I, for one, was glad to read about this sub.
Posted By: fredk Re: Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/11/09 04:17 PM
Nice post Ajax. I have read a number of his posts on other forums. He seems to really know his stuff and does some really cool work. I had no idea he did custom subs as a business.

My favourite from him is a sub he made using a whole whack (40 or so) of inexpensive 6" drivers in a push pull arrangement to get really clean (but not low) bass. I think he did that one just to see how it would perform.

Zim. Relax. If Axiom feels its a commercial post, they will remove the post and spank Ajax.

Edit: Cool. The last picture in the post is of the push pull sub. 20 drivers per sub.
Posted By: davekro Re: Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/11/09 04:40 PM
Fred,

I think something about 'spanking' appeals to Charles. \:D

Oh, I might have heard that on another site! ;\)
Posted By: fredk Re: Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/11/09 04:48 PM
\:o
Um, I wasn't volunteering...
Posted By: Ajax Re: Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/11/09 04:50 PM
 Originally Posted By: Zimm

Sorry. Didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. But, since you brought it up, at the TCA forum, discussion of any, and all, products is not only welcomed but encouraged.

Excerpts from the forums' "Mission Statement" (a sticky thread in the "Product Announcements" section of the forum - red highlighting is mine, not the author's):

"We also wanted to make it a fun place to visit, and friendly to any and all customers and companies that want to hang out here.

A learning center - watering hole - place to hang out for everyone. In the Ground Zero - Where we test stuff forum, we will be inviting any established company that wants to join in to post info on their products, including pricing, graphs, charts, and other measurements as they see fit.

Elemental Designs, Axiom, SVS, Epik, AV123, Hsu, VMPS and ACI - you are all welcome. I did this off the top of my head, so look for more to be added. PM me with your suggestions.

When we have a GTG, it will be to serve you, the customer. If you see a GTG occuring in North Carolina, and want to have a pair of Axioms there, drop them a line, see if they want to send something to it.
"

Posted By: davekro Re: Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/12/09 06:24 PM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
\:o
Um, I wasn't volunteering...

I hope you don't start getting overly 'friendly' PMs from Charles now. \:D
Posted By: CV Re: Another NEW sub in the mix! (Maybe) - 05/12/09 06:30 PM
 Originally Posted By: davekro
I hope you don't start getting overly 'friendly' PMs from Charles now. \:D

Yeah, that Zimm....
© Axiom Message Boards