Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cblake What is Eggshell White? - 05/16/09 07:56 PM
So I'm considering Eggshell White over Light Maple on a pair of W2s. My wife is convinced they will blend better with the white trim in the room. I guess the Eggshell White is a Custom Vinyl option on most speakers except the Architectural Series.

My question is this: is eggshell a description of the color or the texture? Clicking on a picture of the eggshell I just see white with dots. Are those dots from the texture or from color?
Posted By: terzaghi Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/17/09 01:43 AM
I know in typical wall paint eggshell refers to a sheen somewhere between flat and semi-gloss.

My guess is that speakers probably just has a small amount of sheen to it.

Posted By: StuntGibbon Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/17/09 06:45 AM
Maybe call and ask for a small sample of that option? They're usually pretty good at keeping (possible) customers happy.
Posted By: cblake Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/17/09 12:44 PM
Sounds like a good idea; I emailed Axiom about it and I'll post the info I receive.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/17/09 12:45 PM
Good suggestion StuntGibbon. I second that. Get a few sample finishes that you are interested in.
Posted By: HAY Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/17/09 01:03 PM
 Originally Posted By: cblake
Sounds like a good idea; I emailed Axiom about it and I'll post the info I receive.

You may want to follow up with a call as you can get a quicker response and they're should be someone on the phones today.
Posted By: Adrian Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/17/09 04:00 PM
Usually goes like this, I believe:

Flat

Egg Shell

Satin

Semi-gloss

Gloss

(High) gloss
Posted By: terzaghi Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/17/09 06:11 PM
yup, I think you nailed it.
Posted By: Potatohead Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/17/09 07:49 PM
I would highly doubt it's a texture thing, I would think "eggshell" would lean more towards low gloss or even a description of an off white colour.
Posted By: Jc Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/17/09 11:10 PM
Hi,

Eggshell White refers to the colour which is off white or cream; not the gloss. It is the same high grade vinyl material and it has a very thin texture. You cannot clearly see the details of the texture unless you are closer than 20 inches away.

You can order a sample dialing Axiom's toll free number 1.866.244.8796 or order online at - http://www.axiomaudio.com/sampleshop.html. You don't even need to buy a speaker to get a refund. The cost is refundable; you only need to send it back after obtaining a return auhtorization number.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/18/09 12:39 AM
Thanks for clearing that up!
Posted By: StuntGibbon Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/18/09 06:30 AM
Btw.. JC's link is right, only he added a period so if you click it, you get a missing page. http://www.axiomaudio.com/sampleshop.html is where you would need to go tho.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/18/09 12:31 PM
Nice catch.
Posted By: Jc Re: What is Eggshell White? - 05/18/09 04:36 PM
Thanks for the correction; next time, I'll double check !
© Axiom Message Boards