Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Stereoguy99 I've finally done it!!! - 05/18/09 02:27 PM
Hi : Well as I type this my "new" M-60's and VP150 are on their way courtesy "Fordperfect" a.k.a Wayne from Burlington as I bought his older 350 subwoofer and at that time discussed about buying his M-60,VP-150. I finally sold my Mirage 890i's and center channel on Saturday.So I'm part of the club!!!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/18/09 02:32 PM
Congrats and welcome to "Da Club!"
Posted By: Adrian Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/18/09 02:41 PM
Another congrats, Bruce. Now you need to find your new digs, and build a nice HT!
Posted By: fredk Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/18/09 03:30 PM
Very nice, congratulations
Posted By: DaveG Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/18/09 03:59 PM
Congrats, enjoy the speakers.
Posted By: Golden Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/18/09 04:20 PM
The M60/VP150 setup is killer, you're in for a fun week! Congrats \:\)
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/18/09 06:05 PM
It was so nice to meet the both of you. I'm sure the speakers are going to give you many, many years of pleasure, enjoy them.

Now I've got to start working on a replacement.
Posted By: jakewash Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/19/09 01:58 AM
So what is on your list for replacements?
Posted By: JohnK Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/19/09 02:19 AM
Very good, Bruce; we've been waiting four years for you. I'm sure that you'll enjoy the sound from the Axioms that Wayne has undoubtedly given tender loving care, and just think: you don't have to worry about "break-in"! It's also a bit ironic that when you asked a couple years ago about how long the speakers last, Wayne replied that they'd last longer than he would!
Posted By: Micah Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/19/09 03:42 AM
Yes enquiring minds want to know what the M60's/VP150 are to be replaced with? As one Axiomite is born, is another being laid to rest? I could see the upgrade from M60's to M80's, but seeing as how you're also selling your VP150... well there is no upgrade from the VP150. So it seems you're getting out of the Axiom family to me.
Posted By: CV Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/19/09 04:00 AM
 Originally Posted By: Micah
well there is no upgrade from the VP150.

Hey, not necessarily true. Maybe he's going for a vertical center.
Posted By: jakewash Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/19/09 06:42 AM
Or just changing finish and wanted the speakers all the same thus allowing the VP150 to be let go as well.
Posted By: CV Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/19/09 06:59 AM
Oh, good point. He could also have been privately contacted by Axiom to try out a prototype of the new center channel.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/19/09 10:37 AM
 Originally Posted By: CV
Oh, good point. He could also have been privately contacted by Axiom to try out a prototype of the new center channel.

You mean the VP200? It would go nice with the M100s. Also replacing the QS8s. One of you is correct, I'll explain later.
Posted By: Golden Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/19/09 03:53 PM
And thus the mystery begins... BWahahhaha... \:\) You got me hooked.
Posted By: Micah Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/19/09 04:02 PM
If there are M100's, VP200's & QS9's on the horizon, I'm going to be aweful jealous!!!

I'm also going to have to come up with a story to tell the little lady on why I'm packing up all our new speakers (save for the EP80 of course) and sending them back to Axiom!
Posted By: davekro Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/20/09 04:24 PM
 Originally Posted By: Micah
If there are M100's, VP200's & QS9's on the horizon, I'm going to be aweful jealous!!!

I'm also going to have to come up with a story to tell the little lady on why I'm packing up all our new speakers (save for the EP80 of course) and sending them back to Axiom!

Sweetie, you know it's the strangest thing. Axiom just had a factory recall and I need to send these all back. They are sending me all new speakers. I of course just need to pay the freight. How much? Oh, just about $2k, that's all. ;\)
Posted By: HAY Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/20/09 04:36 PM
I remember you getting the custom M3's and wanting to replace the M60's with a custom finish as well...after a quick search does this still hold true?

Custom Finish?

Quote -
I love the look of the Cherry Chestnut Semi Gloss finish so much that I will be also replacing my M60s and QS8s. Not sure what the M60s will be replaced with as my life now is in “total change mode”. I do know however that it will be an Axiom product.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: I've finally done it!!! - 05/20/09 11:15 PM
Congrats Hay, you cracked it. I've already got the VP150 & EP350 in Cherry Chestnut and will be replacing the M60s and QS8s with the same finish.
© Axiom Message Boards