Axiom Home Page
Posted By: vadergeta More axiom finally! - 05/27/09 01:12 AM
Hi Everybody I'm Chris, I've posted here a few times but never a formal intro. I've been a proud owner of a pair of M22ti's. For quite some time. I got them when I was in college and they have served me well even with a junk $100 pioneer receiver that could barely make them sing. I just upgraded to a newer VSX-03 and love it, the surround sound effect are finally there, unfortunately they are coming out of some really cheap polk bookshelves and the center channel is a very old JBL(tweeter on this thing didnt even match the main speakers is was to be with).

Anyway I am finally, after 5 years or so, upgrading. One at a time though. My gf is buying me a VP100 for my birthday! I can't wait I'm also getting a NAD cd player from my Dad. No more dvd player as a cd player. Even my ps3 sounds better playing cds than this old sony dvd. Leftovers going in the bedroom of course. Next thing will of course be QS8's but that may be a while.

The VP100 is on order from Factory Outlet, when it comes will it match well with the older model M22's? I know it's the same drivers, but I was still wondering if anybody had experience mixing the old with the new.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: More axiom finally! - 05/27/09 01:22 AM
Welcome vadergeta!

The VP100 v2 will make for an excellent match with your M22's. Congratulations on all your new gear. Enjoy! \:\)
Posted By: vadergeta Re: More axiom finally! - 05/27/09 02:06 AM
Thanks! I'll be posting pics soon in the gallery.
Posted By: Murph Re: More axiom finally! - 05/27/09 10:53 AM
Welcome Vadergeta. Sounds like some exiting upgrades coming your way. Make sure you let us know how it all turns out.

Everything I have read matches Dr.House's statement. All Axiom speakers follow the same general design principles and can be mixed and matched in whatever way suits your room and budget.
Posted By: fredk Re: More axiom finally! - 05/27/09 03:20 PM
Welcome and congrats. The center will be a nice addition and just wait until you get QS surrounds...
Posted By: davidsch Re: More axiom finally! - 05/27/09 06:10 PM
 Originally Posted By: vadergeta
My gf is buying me a VP100 for my birthday!

Now she is a keeper! Welcome to the Axiom family.
Posted By: Intruders Re: More axiom finally! - 05/27/09 11:39 PM
Congrats also on your purchase, Chris. Sound like your heading in the right direction. I am also waiting on the outlet. good luck!
Posted By: vadergeta Re: More axiom finally! - 05/28/09 05:54 AM
 Originally Posted By: davidsch
 Originally Posted By: vadergeta
My gf is buying me a VP100 for my birthday!

Now she is a keeper! Welcome to the Axiom family.

Yeah I'm thinking I'll keep her.
Just got the NAD in today! very cool, def an improvement, but nothing crazy, just a solid red book player, but this experience has taught me that unless the speakers are crazy amounts of money nothing else has to be either, i like the axioms because they are slightly forgiving compared to the likes of $20,000 speakers, but they still beat out most speakers in their price range, i will be keeping the cd player of course but i could never see spending 5000 on one, maybe QS8's at Christmas, until now I have to wait for my birthday(June 30th) for the VP100, she wont let me have it till then!
Posted By: vadergeta Re: More axiom finally! - 05/28/09 06:01 AM
Intruders I wish I was getting what you are, but that will have to wait, I live in an apartment right now, it's already too loud for some neighbors, oops, so I think I need to buy a house first before going for the big guns!
Posted By: Intruders Re: More axiom finally! - 05/28/09 11:41 PM
I think that a good idea Vadergeta, I have a house, but my mother lives with my wife and me, so I have to keep the noise down until they go shopping somewhere. Then look out!
© Axiom Message Boards