Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Intruders Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/05/09 11:37 PM
Just got the email from Noreen! I was not expecting it, as it has only been 16 days. I already put my wires in for the M80s and the VP150. Now, I will have to get going on the wires for the QS8s. I guess I will start dusting off my old CD's to keep me busy.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/06/09 12:12 AM
Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!
When they're in, you'd better be ready!
Great news!
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/06/09 02:35 AM
Very nice, can't wait to hear your impressions.
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/06/09 04:17 AM
Great news intruders. Don't forget to clean your camera lenses. We like nice pictures.
Posted By: Intruders Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/07/09 09:59 AM
I got my camera ready, I just hope I remember to take off the lens cap.
Posted By: Micah Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/07/09 01:44 PM
Well well well isn't that nice, another customer getting their speakers early while I await mine patiently... kidding! Congrats on your early surprise!

I am going a little nutso though. This Wednesday will mark 4 weeks for me. I guess that's what I get for ordering the EP800 through the factory outlet. It is getting rather annoying having to wipe all those nose prints off of the front window though I must say!
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/07/09 01:53 PM
 Quote:
I guess that's what I get for ordering the EP800 through the factory outlet.

Yup. They average the wait times for the items you are ordering. I changed my order 2 weeks into the wait (added stuff) so I ended up waiting the full 4 weeks.
Posted By: Potatohead Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/07/09 09:08 PM
Waiting is a pain, but at the same time it's hard to argue with the savings, especially on a more expensive purchase or one when you aren't saving the 5% by ordering five items.
Posted By: Stormin Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/08/09 12:28 PM
 Originally Posted By: Micah

I don't think the EP800 from the FO slowed my order. I changed from the 600 to the 600 about 2 weeks in and was suprised to find everything delivered 13 days later. Maybe I got yours? \:\)
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/08/09 01:15 PM
I thought about upgrading to an EP800 but I'm afraid that Murphy's Laws will kick in and the Confederation Bridge will be closed due to high winds and the sub will sink the ferry if it goes that route.
Posted By: Olderbutwiser Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/08/09 03:56 PM
Waiting for FedEX to show up at your door with your order is harder than waiting for the email from Noreen that your FO order has shipped. My Epic 80\500 system was shipped on the June 4th. It got to and left Garden City Ohio on the 5th. Now everytime I check the tracking it stills says that it has left Garden City Ohio. I can only hope its on a truck somewhere between Garden City and Phoenix AZ. Ok the good news is it's scheduled for delivery to my house tomorrow June 9th. I think I feel the flu coming on, cough cough...
Posted By: Micah Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/08/09 03:56 PM
 Originally Posted By: Stormin

I don't think the EP800 from the FO slowed my order. I changed from the 600 to the 600 about 2 weeks in and was suprised to find everything delivered 13 days later. Maybe I got yours? \:\)

Just had to pour salt in the wound didn't you!
Posted By: Micah Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/08/09 03:58 PM
 Originally Posted By: Olderbutweiser
Waiting for FedEX to show up at your door with your order is harder than waiting for the email from Noreen that your FO order has shipped.

At this point an email from Noreen would be like a heroin fix for a 3 day dry junkie!
Posted By: Micah Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/08/09 04:01 PM
..... (checks email)....
Posted By: Potatohead Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/08/09 04:40 PM
Hah, we're like six year old kids counting down to Christmas... Awesome
Posted By: Stormin Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/09/09 12:18 AM

Just had to pour salt in the wound didn't you!

Sorry about the salt... wasn't intentional.
Posted By: Olderbutwiser Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/09/09 02:12 PM
Ok my speakers are on the local FedEx delivey truck in route to my house sometime today. I will be in Axiom heaven later today. Sorry Micah did that salt in the wound hurt this morning?
Posted By: Olderbutwiser Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/09/09 02:12 PM
Ok my speakers are on the local FedEx delivey truck in route to my house sometime today. I will be in Axiom heaven later today. Sorry Micah did that salt in the wound hurt this morning?
Posted By: Olderbutwiser Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/09/09 02:13 PM
Opps sorry about that. I'm not quite sure how I sent that twice.
Posted By: wilwom Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/09/09 02:47 PM
Just don't do it again. LOL
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/09/09 02:50 PM
The TRUE wait is starting! \:\)
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/09/09 05:07 PM
Ha, funny how brains interpret things differently. When I read your handle, my brain pronounced it as "Older-Budweiser" and I thought
'old beer?' What kind of name is that???

Only 2:00pm here but I guess I now know what's on my mind.
Posted By: Intruders Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/09/09 11:26 PM
I just got my tracking information and my speakers are about 1/2 hour away from me. They are set to be delivered tomorrow. I can almost hear them. It going to be a long night.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/09/09 11:45 PM
 Originally Posted By: Intruders
I just got my tracking information and my speakers are about 1/2 hour away from me. They are set to be delivered tomorrow. I can almost hear them. It going to be a long night.

SWEET!
Posted By: Micah Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/10/09 09:46 PM
Well the salt did sting for a while, and then it suddenly dawned upon me, they always save the best till last!!! So take that sucka's, you may be getting your speakers early and all, but that's just because they're taking their time to make mine EXTRA awesome!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Posted By: Intruders Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/10/09 11:45 PM
Hey Micah, when you get your EP800, that will make you forget the wait. I got my speakers this morning, but I was not able to get out of work. I took a long lunch to bring them in and unwrap them. I was surprise how big they were and how heavy the boxes was.I have them all set up except for one QS8. I had to give way to the wife for her soaps, just to keep peace in the house. The quality of the speakers is what everyone has said. They look great and I could not find a flaw in the finish. I put in a CD for a minute to listen and it sounded so good. I will run the MCACC setup when everything is in place. I will post pics as soon as I can.
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 12:46 AM
 Quote:
I will post pics as soon as I can.

Tic Toc Tic Toc...

Are they ready yet?
Now?

Tic

Toc
Now??
Posted By: Intruders Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 01:25 AM
Come on Fred!
Posted By: Micah Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 01:41 AM
Well sure, WHEN it gets here. The day they arrive I'll probably forget my own name, but all that doesn't help me right now. All that will help me right now is coming over to your house to set yours up with you.

Or.... Steve said he was out of town didn't he? Would be a shame for those poor speakers to sit idle for so long. Perhaps there's a key under the doormat and I could go.... ahem, help keep his speakers running smoothly. \:\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 02:09 AM
Micah....maybe you just should have asked Steve if he needed someone to uhhh, water the uhhh, plants...yeah, Steve I'll look after your plants while you're out of town, just leave me a key...What? this box full of movies and cd's?...I...errr...well...
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 02:30 AM
Now????

I loved those redpop commercials.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 08:44 AM
How about now? \:\)
Posted By: Intruders Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 01:25 PM
Come on over Micah, I could use the help. You know as soon as you get here, you speakers will arrive at your house. I not listening to you other guys.
Posted By: Micah Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 03:53 PM
Well, I got the email this morning... YAY!!!!

Now for my next question, they do ship these things same day air right?
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 04:18 PM
A stork brings them.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 04:22 PM
They use two catapults. So, unless you have to cross the international dateline, you'll receive them by air on the same day. \:\) The speakers may get shut down by NORAD though...
Sometimes the catapults are loaded onto trucks and fired from your front porch!
(in case you were serious: no, they do not ship same day unless you ask and you pay!)
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 04:26 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
A stork brings them.

Err... Murph... You might want to sit down for this...
Actually... The "stork" story is a little white lie told to people of the Island. The speakers are actually coming by bridge.
Posted By: Intruders Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 05:05 PM
I thought Santa brings them as an off season job. Go to bed early tonight and leave a cookie and milk for the old fat guy. You got a chimney right? That is great news Micah! Now the tracking watch begins. Go FedEx.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 05:22 PM
If the boxes arrive in good condition, are heavy and they drop them off inside the house I usually give the guy a fin or a tenner. They appreciate it! Smaller items I just give them a pop or bottled water for the road if they want one.
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 05:31 PM
Phhfffft
Of course I know that speakers and babies are not realllly delivered by storks. On PEI, babies are delivered by "Lester the Lobster" and
we start of our lives looking like this, at least until we molt.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 06:39 PM
That's an awesome costume.
Posted By: Intruders Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 07:09 PM
Not if your are the one wearing it.
Posted By: Potatohead Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 07:36 PM
I'd wear that
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 07:48 PM
Hmmm, I have a craving for melted butter all of a sudden.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/11/09 09:48 PM
The pic made me think of this :

Red and Yellow
Posted By: Micah Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/12/09 06:13 AM
I will wear that, if they throw in 'same day air' in exchange!

No the 'same day air' question was just a little tom foolery. I'm perfectly aware that they bring them the next morning, hook them up, calibrate my entire system, and then sneak out just before I wake. I'm no dummy.
Posted By: Intruders Re: Axiom heaven is on their way - 06/12/09 11:46 PM
Okay, Fred and Jakewash - NOW - I just posted my pics of my new speakers. They look and sound great. I am still playing with the setup and hope to spend a lot of time with them this weekend.The wife has been good, so I know this is going to cost me somewhere down the road. Like to stay and chat but gotta go play with them.
© Axiom Message Boards