Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Got my set today - 07/22/09 03:54 AM
The red white and blue van showed up today with my speakers Got them set up right after work, and am now watching quantum of solace and i have to say they sound good. One small problem though, one of my M2's has a rattle in it.A bit dissapointing though i know they will send another one out, it will take a week,but such is life. Anyway just though i would share my joyous moment with ya all.

M2's
VP 100
QS 4's
Yamaha sub
Posted By: Micah Re: Got my set today - 07/22/09 08:50 AM
Congrats! From a fellow 'got defective product' customer I can sympathize with you brother! Nothing is more annoying than getting your brand new speakers only to discover one of them is bad! It really helps to know that you're dealing with a company like Axiom that will replace the defective product without question! But it still sucks none the less!

Here's wishing you a speedy replacement speaker!
Posted By: steve11sim Re: Got my set today - 07/22/09 09:18 AM
Hey congrats on your new stuff... I hope you are as happy as I am with these speakers. I also have a serious rattle in my subwoofer. I thought it was just my walls so I moved it to the center of my room and it is deffinately my sub enclosure. So I think I will have to replace it. I wonder if that has anything to do with the lack of output. I can see the sub is moving a lot of air but I am getting almost no output. I have tried almost every spot in my room with no luck... Hopefully it is just a quick fix. Aside from that these are some of the best speakers I have heard.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Got my set today - 07/22/09 02:29 PM
Though i have only used them to watch a movie so far, the thing that has impressed me most is that they seem to disappear,and they also have excellent mid bass.I came from a HTIB by panasonic so this is a major upgrade,though i do have a set of pioneer hpm-900's that i love and will be comparing these too in the days to come.

I have read plenty of good things about axiom and so far it seems to be true. And yeah micah it is frustrating when you get a defective item but definetly not the end of the world .Now i have something coming in the mail \:\) .

Now i get to buy some power tools to build some stands . (picture tim allen here) grunt grunt.
Posted By: Murph Re: Got my set today - 07/22/09 02:53 PM
Off to the Got Wood? thread with you then.

But make sure you come back here!! \:\)
Posted By: alan Re: Got my set today - 07/22/09 03:20 PM
Hi Socketman,

I'm glad you're enjoying your new Axioms, and sorry you're experiencing a rattle in one of the M2s. Try removing the grille cover and slightly tightening the screws that hold the woofer and tweeter to the front baffle. Don't over-tighten them, but they should be snug. That might eliminate the rattle.

If that doesn't help, you can remove the woofer and check the wires that lead from the woofer (and tweeter) to the crossover. It might be just be a wire rattling against the aluminum frame (basket) of the woofer. You won't void your warranty by checking. If that's what it is, just dress the wire to one side away from the aluminum basket.

Regards,

Alan
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Got my set today - 07/22/09 03:28 PM
Things sometimes get banged up and loosened in shipping...even if the damage isn't obvious from the outside!
Posted By: Micah Re: Got my set today - 07/22/09 07:25 PM
Gremlins!!!
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Got my set today - 07/22/09 10:40 PM
Thanks you alan and fellow axiomites for the replies. I was concerned about the warranty . I removed the mid at lunch hour and the copper wire from the cone to the main connection point was laying on the back of the driver. Seems good so far, will update after i listen to them some more tonight. In retrospect i should have checked here first before calling. I now have a replacement driver enroute which i will have to return if all is indeed well.

Cant wait to get home and get some more down time with them.

regards, Richard
Posted By: merchman Re: Got my set today - 07/22/09 11:00 PM
Glad to hear you may have found the problem. If not, you have the fix on the way. Hopefully, you can go home and enjoy your new set up. \:\)
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Got my set today - 07/23/09 03:31 PM
UPdate

Jury is still out on this one. I finished watching quantum of solace and i heard the noise a few times . We then watched 12 rounds and i did not hear anything. Small noise aside these thing work great as an HT setup. The folks are up visiting so have to wait till they head home beforre i can test some music.
All in all i am very impressed
© Axiom Message Boards