Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Potatohead W series install - 08/16/09 06:24 AM
Axiom states that when installing the W's, you have to leave a couple inches or so to a stud on either side of the "box" that sits inside the wall. I am 98% sure this is simply because of the way the bracket works, as it has to sit inside and pinch the drywall. I just want to make sure it has nothing to do with sound quality... The "box" is sealed so I just don't see how it matters where a stud is.

I am in the midst of building my theatre room and the way I am building the front wall will allow the bracket to work properly but the "box" will be just touching a stud on a back corner.
Posted By: JohnK Re: W series install - 08/16/09 08:02 AM
Tater, I got you beat, because I'm about 99.9% sure that it can't have anything to do with sound quality.
Posted By: Potatohead Re: W series install - 08/16/09 06:04 PM
Yeah, I just don't see how it's even possible to affect the quality in any way.

Thanks
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: W series install - 08/16/09 06:29 PM
JOnC 100% PwN 99.9% (in bbigwyrz)
Posted By: LT61 Re: W series install - 08/16/09 11:25 PM
Potato,
I'm sure if asked, Axiom will clarify.
It seems to me, you would not want the "box" touching anything inside the wall........perhaps with vibration, a buzzing could occur.

Dr. house: ?
Posted By: cb919 Re: W series install - 08/17/09 02:15 AM
Agreed with the buzzing/vibration comment.

I recently installed the W series and yes I believe the reason for the spacing is to allow the bracket to work. To make sure you don't have any buzzing issues, why not surround the box with a layer of insulation (pink or Safe n Sound)?

Looking forward to reading your impression of the new setup!
Posted By: Potatohead Re: W series install - 08/19/09 10:06 PM
The whole room will be insulated (Quietrock) top to bottom, there are heating ducts and all sorts of things in the ceiling which I don't want rattling either.
Posted By: CV Re: W series install - 08/20/09 04:18 AM
Hey, tell us how you like the Quietrock.
© Axiom Message Boards