Axiom Home Page
Posted By: billy p Finally an offical - 09/02/09 12:03 AM
Axiom owner... .
Here are the pics of my Q4's and some of the work involved for my side wall install. Again, I would like to thank the members who took the time and answered my question regarding speaker cable guidelines and in wall installation !
Thanks, Bill... \:\)

Posted By: Micah Re: Finally an offical - 09/02/09 12:21 AM
Super sweet!!! So, how do they sound?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Finally an offical - 09/02/09 12:43 AM
Bill, contrats!

What do you have for your other speakers?
Posted By: billy p Re: Finally an offical - 09/02/09 01:46 AM
They're not Axiom's but that was largly due to circumstance . I'm using Energy Rc's up front and the Q4s have replaced my Athenas. As for my thoughts on the Q4's, I've only listen to some music so far and I've been really impressed. Although, the primary reason why I switched was to improve my home theater experience and I'm sure the Q4s quad design will be most beneficial .

Regards, Bill
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Finally an offical - 09/02/09 01:53 AM
I can't wait to hear your thoughts once you pop a good surround movie in...
Posted By: Micah Re: Finally an offical - 09/02/09 04:35 AM
In the pictures of the holes in the walls, they look like they are cut dead center of those raised columns in your back wall. But the pictures of the actual QS4's make them look as if they are pressed right up against the outer walls... is this just an optical illusion?
Posted By: billy p Re: Finally an offical - 09/02/09 12:52 PM
I guess they appear that way to some degree...lol. The side of the speakers you've expressed some concern with are positioned outwardly from the outer/back wall and directed towards my sofa. I sure hope that would suffice, but if you guys feel thats not adequate than advice would be welcomed. \:\)

Regards, Bill

PS: I didn't use the hardware which came with the speaker. I used the full metal wall bracket hardware and I'm glad I did. \:\)
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Finally an offical - 09/02/09 01:51 PM
Enjoy your new speakers Bill

Cheers!
Posted By: DaveG Re: Finally an offical - 09/02/09 02:44 PM
Congrats on your new speakers.
Posted By: davidsch Re: Finally an offical - 09/02/09 05:13 PM
The speakers look very nice! Welcome to the forum. You are not the first person here with a mixture of Axioms and other speakers.
Posted By: mike romo Re: Finally an offical - 09/02/09 05:26 PM
Congrats on the new speakers! I cannot wait until I cn get a pair of those..!
Posted By: billy p Re: Finally an offical - 09/02/09 09:55 PM
 Originally Posted By: mike romo
Congrats on the new speakers! I cannot wait until I cn get a pair of those..!
My living room is about 21x15. I like it fairly loud, but I don't listen at insane volumes and was told that Q4's would be sufficient.

Regards, Bill... \:\)
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Finally an offical - 09/05/09 04:01 PM
Those look good, Bill! They fit your room quite nicely. Well done on the installation, too.
© Axiom Message Boards