Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nick B PS3 still doesn't have Netflix streaming? - 09/17/09 06:40 PM
I'm dumbfounded as to why Sony still doesn't have Netflix streaming as a firmware upgrade for the PS3. Yes, I know that you can get Playon so that if you leave your computer on you can stream Netflix over your network to the PS3. But Sony is releasing a $250 Blu-ray player that will have Netflix streaming capabilities.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/trans...network-blu-ray

Still no word about the same for the PS3 via firmware update though and last I heard, a Sony representative in an interview said that the PS3 would never have Netflix capabilities.

- Nick
That is one advantage that xbox has!
Posted By: CV Re: PS3 still doesn't have Netflix streaming? - 09/18/09 04:14 AM
Microsoft’s Xbox Talks Up Netflix Exclusivity
I wonder how much they paid for that...
Posted By: Zarak Re: PS3 still doesn't have Netflix streaming? - 09/19/09 12:15 AM
What's the Blu Ray player coming out that has netflix streaming?
LG & Samsung if my memory is correct.
Posted By: Micah Re: PS3 still doesn't have Netflix streaming? - 09/19/09 04:58 AM
The Samsung BD-P3600 I had for a while had Netflix streaming. But they still have some bugs to work out of that technology. While trying to watch a movie through it I felt like I was watching an old karata movie where their lips move and then you hear them talk. There were a lot of lip-synching problems with that player, so I returned it and I'm going to probably get the ever popular Oppo.

Another thing I couldn't get over with the Samsung was the build quality. I'm not saying it's poorly built, but it looks like a $50 dollar player, not a $350 dollar player. I would have thought they could have at least made it look a bit rugged and manly. Instead it was 100% plastic, weighed next to nothing, and showed every finger print to ever come within 5 feet of the unit. The picture was incredible, upscale included! But the whole streaming feature has a lot of room for improvement. So I thought I'd return it until they sort it out.
Posted By: CV Re: PS3 still doesn't have Netflix streaming? - 09/24/09 03:20 AM
Netflix 'eventually' targeting 'all consoles' (Gamespot)
© Axiom Message Boards