Axiom Home Page
Posted By: IceFrk13 Need help spending $$$ - 05/17/03 05:06 PM
Hello all,
I am narrowing my decision down on my first REAL system. I currently have a Denon 1803 and Mitsubishi 48311 adn a Pioneer sub (can not recall the model but I like it alot.) The room is 13 Fet wide by approx 14 feet deep. The Celin is vaulted from 8 feet to 12 feet. The sweet spot is 10 feet back from the front of the tv. (the back of the room is a hallway to the upstairs/entry way and closet.

The reason I am saking you all to help me is I am in Utah and can not listen to these myself, however what I have read seems vey good. I am looking at 2 systems. What I have liked sofar has been the following

Paradigm monitor 5 and 7, with the CC370 and adp 170's.
B&W 602 (L/R) LCR 600 and 600's in the rear.

Form Axiom I am intrested in:

System 1
M22Ti
QS 8's
VP150

Or

M60i's
QS 8's
VP150

Evan though I have 30 days's to send them back, I imagine that it would be quiet costly to do so from Utah. Plese tell me what you all think.

Thanks
Matt
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Need help spending $$$ - 05/17/03 06:46 PM
I prefer floor standing speakers so I'd go with the latter.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Need help spending $$$ - 05/17/03 07:45 PM
I have the latter set up. Blew me away in Dolby Dig. watching XXX. Most new music sounds stunning, incredibly detailed - like being able to almost count the bristles on the drummer's brushes as he taps his snare. My tolerance for old recordings has gone down though.

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Need help spending $$$ - 05/18/03 12:06 AM
In a room that size, with a good subwoofer, you'll be more than happy with the M22's. I have the M22's with the VP150, and a Hsu VTF-2 sub. I'm THRILLED with them. (and my room is bigger than yours) I'd honestly say save yourself the $400 and get the M22's if you've already got a good subwoofer.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Need help spending $$$ - 05/19/03 04:11 AM
Matt,

those paradigm's and b&w's are not very good compared to the Axiom's you've listed.

That being said, go with your second setup you've listed, you'll never regret it, i promise. Get a good receiver with it and you've got a system for the next... well, very long time!
Posted By: dajlc Re: Need help spending $$$ - 05/20/03 10:53 AM
Matt,

Although my listening experience on Axiom speakers is extremely limited at the moment, I do know of Paradigm. They might be great on looks but pretty ordinary in sound. I think you'll be better off with the other options.

All the best with your search.

Posted By: IceFrk13 Re: Need help spending $$$ - 05/22/03 08:55 PM
My only reservation to the m22's is actually my wife. When we were auditioning the BW's and listening to the 601 she thought the were " very flat" in her words and lacking in Bass. We have a good sub and will eventually get a great sub. That is why I am considering the 60s as well as the m22's. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks again

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Need help spending $$$ - 05/22/03 09:05 PM
I listened to the B&W's as well, and they are "dull" sounding. The M22's are FAR from dull. Again, I'd have to say that in a room your size, with a good/great sub, you'll love the M22ti's.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Need help spending $$$ - 05/22/03 11:28 PM
If you liked the M22 try also auditioning the B&W CM2. It will also lack bass but the dynamics are great. I'd put it up there with the M22. But if its that great why is the M22 half its price.

Saturn
© Axiom Message Boards