Axiom Home Page
Posted By: DavidK My Epic 80-500s in Aus - 11/09/09 12:18 PM
I run a dog and cat boarding facitilty here in Australia. Last Wednesday I ordered, on line a dog crate, from Melbourne, which is about 550 miles away. They told me about 10 days for delivery.

The next day I ordered my Epic 80-500s from Axiom. That was Thursday evening. Today is Monday. I got the call today from Fedex, they should be here tomorrow! That's like 3 woking days or even less - from half way round the world! I am blown away!!!I have been tracking them all the way. BARRIE, ON, MISSISSAUGA, ON, MEMPHIS, TN, HONOLULU, HI, ALEXANDRIA AU and then HERE!!!! Unreal service, I am so impressed. I'll update when they arrive. Can't wait!!

David
Posted By: Murph Re: My Epic 80-500s in Aus - 11/09/09 01:26 PM
They wired them with Monster Cable so they could travel faster than the speed of light. ;\)

Enjoy!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: My Epic 80-500s in Aus - 11/09/09 01:39 PM
Since they passed through Honoluly, they might get a nice tan for a better finish!
Posted By: alan Re: My Epic 80-500s in Aus - 11/09/09 03:34 PM
Woof, woof! Meow!

Glad to hear of the imminent delivery.

Regards,

Alan
Posted By: Micah Re: My Epic 80-500s in Aus - 11/09/09 11:14 PM
Be sure to carefully follow the installation manual.

1. Once delivered, let your packages sit inside until they reach room temperature.
2. Unpack all speakers from their respective box's.
3. Follow user manual while wiring up all speakers.
4. Eat a large meal and go to the bathroom.
5. Turn on the music and enjoy the music.

It may seem unnecessary to you right now, but be sure to do step 4 before moving on to step 5. Trust me, once you turn on the music you will not want to move from your listening position for several days. So a full belly and empty bladder will be priceless!!!
Posted By: Slitman Re: My Epic 80-500s in Aus - 11/10/09 09:16 PM
lol .. priceless
Posted By: fredk Re: My Epic 80-500s in Aus - 11/10/09 09:22 PM
 Quote:
... and empty bladder will be priceless!!!

Hmm... bottled beverages worked for me. Its a 1:1 ratio.

Edit: avoid apple juice.
Posted By: Adrian Re: My Epic 80-500s in Aus - 11/10/09 10:08 PM
Micah, you forgot to mention an important step...

Take undecipherable Denon manual, remove pages 1-3, fold up carefully to form nice cone-shaped dunce hat in order to be in character when reading and cursing the rest of said manual.
Posted By: Avi Deshpande Re: My Epic 80-500s in Aus - 11/10/09 10:12 PM
Adrian...that is priceless \:\)

--Avi
Posted By: DavidK Re: My Epic 80-500s in Aus - 11/11/09 01:22 PM
Thanks everyone. I recieved the VP150, the QS8s and the EP500 yesterday, but I only got the M80s, this afternoon, which made me a bit anxious. For some reason, FedEx held them in Sydney for an extra day, but they arrived safely in the end.

When I finally got set up, and I use that term loosely, because I don't think I am near understanding what the potential is, I can say Micah, I took all your advice, particularly about using the bathroom, mainly because my Denon instructions gave me the appropriate urge to use the bathroom. Anyway, you were right, the sound is friggin unreal!!

I think the most accurate advice is from Adrian. I have a Denon 3310. I got very frustrated! I did a lot of cursing! I got so confused that when I finally got picture and sound, and then with my fiddling, lost it again and eventually got it back and surround sound, I said that's it, I stopped and watched Star Trek, which was unreal. More reading of the manual tomorrow.

Alan, thanks for your help. I went to a local store and listened to some Paradigm Studio 100s as a comparison. The guy there has phoned me 3 times thinking he has a sale. I'm glad he didn't get one. They (the Axioms)sound fantastic!!
Posted By: Adrian Re: My Epic 80-500s in Aus - 11/11/09 02:17 PM
Congratulations David! rest assured, the Denon is an excellent unit...consider the manual as an "initiation" to ownership! You may find Batpig's Denon to English website helpfull. Good luck.
Posted By: Argon Re: My Epic 80-500s in Aus - 11/11/09 05:10 PM
I almost wish I was in your shoes to re experience what it was like when I first hooked mine up in May. I has one QS8 delivered a day after the rest of the system - which was not as big a hole as missing the 80's for a day. I listened to the Studio 60's - that sales guy was an understated type that takes the "product sells itself" approach. He didn't take my name on the first and only visit - so I didn't have to deal with call backs.
© Axiom Message Boards